B1004 - Keep Alive Memory (KAM)
B1009 - EEPROM Checksum Error
B1327 - Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts
C1287 - Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction
C0620 - Right Front Position Sensor Malfunction
C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low
P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected
P1617 - Engine Oil Level Switch Circuit

Please tell me if theres anything to worry about !!

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 135K
453 Posts
i would say most of your problems are from

that would indicate dying battery and throw pretty much most of them codes

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would say most of your problems are from

that would indicate dying battery and throw pretty much most of them codes
Hmmm, to be honost i think i have a really really good battery, but that less then 9V could of happend when i was playing my music in my car one day for around 30 mins, and keep in mind i have a 1000W stereo in my car, with a double din headunit/GPS and subwoofers and 2 amps. So i kinda doubt thats the cause if what im mentioning seems reasonable, also my car idles 14.8V with stereo full blast and only .4V drop when bass hits hard.

·
Registered
2000 DTS / 2005 STS
380 Posts
I've always wondered if some of my problems were related to a bad alternator or battery. I CONSTANTLY get a AMP U1000 code, my 2000 DTS idles at 14ish volts but drops easily in the 11-12 volt range when my bass hits. I have a 1200.1 momo-block Kicker amp and 2 12" Kicker L7's.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always wondered if some of my problems were related to a bad alternator or battery. I CONSTANTLY get a AMP U1000 code, my 2000 DTS idles at 14ish volts but drops easily in the 11-12 volt range when my bass hits. I have a 1200.1 momo-block Kicker amp and 2 12" Kicker L7's.
wow thats a preety big drop ... buy yea my car has dropped 2 12V if i let the car sit on idle for a while but i soon a i push the pedal down a centimeter i get all the power from the alt bring my voltage to a nice 13.5 - 14.8 volts. And the highest i ever got was 15.2 which was right wen i started the car ... i wonder why my voltage is always at 15V when i start it in the morning in the -18 Celcius canadian weather.

·
Registered
453 Posts
was the system put in professionally or rigged in there because that could be killing the battery and causing all them codes to appear

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was the system put in professionally or rigged in there because that could be killing the battery and causing all them codes to appear
ohh it was professional forsure !! total money put into the total system at the time it was installed is near $5500 !!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Holy Crap thats quiet alot anyway was the battery ever changed to compensate for the extra power draw also try clearing all the codes and try to drive for a little while without the system running and check to see if any of them come back

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy Crap thats quiet alot anyway was the battery ever changed to compensate for the extra power draw also try clearing all the codes and try to drive for a little while without the system running and check to see if any of them come back
As a matter of fact it was ! The battery i short of an year old, i will clear all the codes and take the test again, thanks !

·
Registered
'94 FWB; '94 STS
136 Posts
Yeah, $5500 seems extreme for a 1000w system. You must've paid retail prices for your equipment instead of dealer or online discounted prices. If they charged you $1500 for the headunit/GPS, $1000 for the 2 amps, $1000 for the subs, and depending on if you replaced all your coaxials and with labor, that could very well be $5500, but the total wattage would have to be over 1000w.

I just re-did my whole system last week and it cost me $3200, but I'm at about 7000 watts. I'm using a Kinetik KHC-2400 as my secondary battery to power the system, and I also have a high-output alternator (about 220 amps). I highly recommend an alternator upgrade, UNKUT. If your bass was to hit hard enough, it could short circuit your car.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know !! well thats what the person who sold the car told me, but i'll get some pics up .. i installed the amp and subs my self ! and the price dosent seem right ehh ... hmmm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts