Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 seville sts - I have the security light that comes on at startup sometimes. I can turn off and turn back on, and it usually clears. When I read out the DTC's there is a b1009 eprom checksum error, and b2734 key controller memory error. From what I can find online, the fix is to replace the theft deterrent control module. They are available online for less than a hundred bucks, but I'm thinking it has to be programmed with a tech 2 tool before it'll work. Can anyone confirm that? I'm afraid I'm stuck with a trip to a GM dealer. I'm worried that eventually the module will fail and I'll have a dead car. It's been going on for a couple of years, but it's getting more frequent. Apparently my days are numbered!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Yes, a dealership can set the new module to your car's VIN - for a labor/time price.

You might also try a local automotive locksmith.

·
Registered
2001 STS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I disconnected the battery, pulled the pass key 3 module from under the steering column and cleaned the pins on the connector. A little contact cleaner and a little scraping the pins. So far it's been through a dozen or so start cycles with no light. It had been happening about every two or three starts, so it may be fixed. It wouldn't be the first time contact cleaner has fixed a weird problem for me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts