Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03 Escalade
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a check engine light the other week, went to advance auto for the obd2 scanner since I didnt buy one yet, the code was a po101, maf circut performance fault or something like that, I cleared it all was good until I went up the large ass hill, half way up the light was back on. So after doing some googling on po101, I read I should try cleaning it first before replacing it, I inspected it, none of the lil 3 wire/sensors were damaged or anything, I bought some CRC maf sensor cleaner, sprayed the hell out of it on/off, cleaned it well, Also bought some CRC throttle body cleaner as they didnt have sea foam deep creep at the store I bought the stuff from. End of story is the light is cleared and not only does my truck idle better, but it seems to have better throttle performance, maybe its in my head but I dunno, I defiently have a better idle though.

So if anyone gets a PO101 like I did. I hope this info helps...

-Keith

·
Registered
2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS
532 Posts
Hey Keith:

WHEN YOU SPRAYED OUT THE THROTTLE BODY, DIDN'T YOU GET ANOTHER CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?
I have done this on other vehicles and it always through a code. Had to take it to AZ to reset it.

Just out of curiosity, where is that sensor anyway?

Let me know when you are ready for the monitors!

·
Registered
03 Escalade
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Keith:

WHEN YOU SPRAYED OUT THE THROTTLE BODY, DIDN'T YOU GET ANOTHER CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?
I have done this on other vehicles and it always through a code. Had to take it to AZ to reset it.

Just out of curiosity, where is that sensor anyway?

Let me know when you are ready for the monitors!

Hey Art,

No codes came up after spraying out the throttle body, I did it with the engine off, I opened and closed the throttle body blade as I sprayed in there, had that lil straw that comes with the can, I got all up in there and the out side, waited a min, did it again, waited another few mins, did it again, black shit was pouring out, had a rag under it to catch it. Left it alone for 10-15 mins after, Then I sprayed my MAF, kinda the same method, I did it on one side, then the other, back n forth a few times, with a min or two in between, then I made sure it looked good n clean to me, let it dry which took like two mins, Put it all back on, it took a min to crank over but when it did I had some smoke out the tail pipes from the cleaner in the throttle body, I revved it up for a min, then she was good to go.

The MAF sensor is right next to the air box, It connects between the air box and the air tube to the throttle body.

I defiently think it helped with my idle and throttle response.

Still to date no codes came back (knocks on wood)

I am gettin a service ride control thing every time I start and drive away with the ladey now though, happend since I put the 24's on. My air compressor still kicks on when I start the truck to level it out. It doesnt keep coming on while I drive so I dont know why it is doing it. Thats my next mission. I did get my 10,000k hid's in tonight and wow are they bright!

I need to sell my 22's then I should hopefully be able to spend for the headrests.

:drink2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts