Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Could someone please inform me on what code P1527 - Transmission Range to Pressure Switch Correlation stands for and if it is something I need to fix or can fix on my own. I own a 1998 STS with 70,000 miles. :bonkers: Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Yeah! I have this in history. is this something to be worried about?

Manual says this about it:

This vehicle uses an electronic gear indicator display. There are four inputs which are switches to ground that each have a unique switch pattern. All four of these inputs are housed in the PNP switch and operate together as the Transaxle Range Switch. The PCM uses the combination of the switch patterns to determine the gear selected by the driver. This information is then sent by serial data to the IPC for gear indicator display. When the Conditions for Running the DTC are true this test compares the gear indicated by the Transaxle Range Switch to the gear selected from the Transmission Fluid Pressure Manual Valve Position Switch (TFP switch). If the gear indicated is not the same for both, this DTC is set.

Basically if i'm getting this right, this code is set if the transmission is in one gear, but the shifter itself says it's in another gear?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Hi Guys,
Could someone please inform me on what code P1527 - Transmission Range to Pressure Switch Correlation stands for and if it is something I need to fix or can fix on my own. I own a 1998 STS with 70,000 miles. :bonkers: Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!
Clear the code several times if necessary to be certain it is a valid fault before you do anything else.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got the same code about 300 miles after engine service.

I'm not sure if it's always been this way or not but the shift collar seems a tad stiff. Not sure if it's my imagination as I only had the car one month before it went into a garage for 3.

The shifts click into place firmly and the gear locations are indeed correct on the DIC. Nothing bad's occurred.

I'll remove the code and see what happens later on down the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
xeper