Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, help me out, today I got this code P110. It says it's a "generator L-terminal circuit problem". That's great, but once again, what does this mean in english? I don't know who this guy is, but I like him :wes: and look, he has a friend, too.:gnome:

Thanks in advance....man, i can watch these guys dance all day.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
notalinkinguynemore said:
guys, help me out, today I got this code P110. It says it's a "generator L-terminal circuit problem". That's great, but once again, what does this mean in english? I don't know who this guy is, but I like him :wes: and look, he has a friend, too.:gnome:

Thanks in advance....man, i can watch these guys dance all day.
ROFL... I personally think he could lose a few pounds. :D I'm not sure if that's a good representation of Wes. Wes, do you really bounce around like that? Are you as fluffy and cuddly as the bouncy loons? Does it bother you that someone could watch you dance all day? :histeric:

Oh yeah, the code thing. I'm not an alternator expert (or any kind of expert) by any means, but I think I would start by inspecting the wire connections on the alternator. Clean up and tighten any terminals that are loose. There are a couple of studs and at least one harness I believe, but it's been a while since I changed mine. It's a little cramped in there, so you might have to move the torque strut out of the way to see down from the top. The nut can vibrate loose on one of the terminals at least, but I don't know what the "L-terminal" is unless it's at an airport. It wouldn't hurt to clean the battery terminals while you're under the hood looking at electrical stuff. Have you checked the voltage by the DIC? Any charging/starting problems? Unexplained electrical anomalies? Weird noises from the alternator?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts