Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2016 CTS 3.6L
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to suggestions, I bought the OBDLink MX+ to check my engine code, and it ended up being P1070, manufacturer defined. The diagnostic lookup site gave me nothing specific to GM/Cadillac. Searched the code here, and found it pop up in a thread about a class-action lawsuit on the tranny. It seems like some consensus is that a flush may fix the problem. (Thread linked below). Wondering if anyone has had this and can help me understand if that is what is going on here, or do I need to suck it up and bring it in to the dealer?

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Darkness
Font Rectangle Parallel Slope Number

· Registered
2016 CTS 3.6L
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I tried to select GM/Caddy on that page and it gave me the same thing. I'm not really a car guy, I didn't get most of what you said :|

Sounds like this is the action I need to take:

Totally get coolant temp up, clear that DTC and then see if that code trips again and if so must post the full freeze-frame and with the OBDWIZ software that comes with OBDLINK MX+
report what the LTFTs, O2 sensors, coolant temps report
How do I get the coolant temp up? Do I just drive around, come back and use the dongle/app to clear the code? (I don't see how to do that in the quick start guide, which is all that came with it.)

· Registered
2016 CTS 3.6L
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think so - still haven't gotten around to this, hope later today. I think I can do some of this on the app, I will try. (I also have a Mac, no windows.)

· Registered
2016 CTS 3.6L
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was finally able to get back to this today, but I just cannot seem to clear the codes. I figured out I need to press the start button without putting my foot on the brake to enter acc mode, which I did. But tapping clear codes doesn't work. It goes through the motions, but nothing happens. The device is connected and communicating. Not sure if this is a product issue or a car issue. This was the screen:

Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

I did grab all the freeze frame screens at least from the code. Not sure if this helps. Not sure what to try next other than bringing it in?

Font Darkness Terrestrial plant Number Monochrome photography

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Darkness

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts