Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
i have had the WORST of lucks with my 2005 Cadillac SRX 3.6L V6.
The car was not running when I got it. According to the seller, it only needed a new starter! I bought it real cheap.
now, my NIGHTMARE begins.
1- Starter was fine, the car was just stuck in anti theft mode. We dont know what we did to the shifter, but the car all of the sudden started to run.
2-The car began to overheat. We bought new fans, and flushed the cooling system.
3-After that, the timing chain began to give hell. We opened the engine, changed timing chain, tensioners, and guides. The car started right up.
4- Now, the transmissionis over heating. Flushed the transmission and changed the filter. Worked fine
5- Coolant was leaking from the expansion tank. Turns out, the cap was broken and needd to be replaced.
6- Freaking tansmission starts again acting all weird and dowshifting hard at low speeds. At this point im ready to set fire to this thing.
7- compute is giving a code p0700 and the car is going into no cranck no start mode. We have to short the starter relay a couple of times to get it started.
I have to say, that I am super dissapoonted at the amount of problems I have had with this car. One after the next.
i have no idea on how to fox this P0700 code and the hard downshifting problem. The fluid has been checked and it is full

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I am getting the service traction control, electronoc brake module, and service car soon messages

·
Registered
'93 SedanDeville 60 Special
750 Posts
Check the wiring loom at the transmission and the wiring pins and also at the wiring loom all the way back to the car's network.

P0700 DTC saying something wrong with the tranny controller.
Make sure the park/neutral switch is OK and aligned correctly as if not would cause a no start.

You sure the flush was real good as it could be some crap causing something to stick in tranny
Check with a good OBD scanner to assure other DTCs are not present.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the wiring loom at the transmission and the wiring pins and also at the wiring loom all the way back to the car's network.

P0700 DTC saying something wrong with the tranny controller.
Make sure the park/neutral switch is OK and aligned correctly as if not would cause a no start.

You sure the flush was real good as it could be some crap causing something to stick in tranny
Check with a good OBD scanner to assure other DTCs are not present.
Hi...
Thanks for the prompt response.. Yes, i am sure the transmission flush was done properly, and we had the neutral saftey switch swapt to a brand new one 1 week ago..

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are different opinions on whether or not transmission flushes are good to do, especially if the vehicle has high mileage. My expereince is that it make things worse. When the shop eventually rebuilt my transmission, they had problems clearing the codes. Apparently, there is a cooler block on the transmission that clogs and causes a lot of problems. GM discontinued making replacements and reccomends removing and bypassing the cooler block. When the shop did this, the codes cleared. It's been about 3 years and it still runs fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are different opinions on whether or not transmission flushes are good to do, especially if the vehicle has high mileage. My expereince is that it make things worse. When the shop eventually rebuilt my transmission, they had problems clearing the codes. Apparently, there is a cooler block on the transmission that clogs and causes a lot of problems. GM discontinued making replacements and reccomends removing and bypassing the cooler block. When the shop did this, the codes cleared. It's been about 3 years and it still runs fine.
On what car was this??

·
2009 SRX Northstar
Cadillac
59 Posts
I was advised against flushing/replacing the transmission fluid on my garage queen ('93 BMW 850Ci). My indie refused to do but a really competent transmission shop would. A few months later...transmission failed. Apparently flushing dislodges stuff that will cause problems. Had my Bimmer towed to my indie & his words were "I told you this would happen". My Bimmer had about 90k on it at the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts