Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 DTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I just got done with the burning fuel pump relay issue and now I have a check engine light. I pulled the code and got a P0449. This is for the EVAP solenoid. I did a search and found 2 posts that said it was probably a gas cap issue. Has anyone else had this and does a gas cap replacement fix it? This just seems to easy. I never get that lucky with auto repairs. I did check the cap and made sure it is on tight. Visually it looks good, the gasket has a little bit of greyish black color to it where it contacts the filler neck but no tears or cracks and it feels like it is tight to the filler neck. Any help or words of advice are much appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
You too qith the fuel pump relay i just Change the fuse box on Friday. Did you had to change the pump too.ps I'm going to buy another one on eday.

·
Registered
2009 DTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First I changed the fuse panel. I bought the panel and the relay at the same time. When I got home and opened the box I found out the panel comes with all the fuses and relays so I just installed it with the relay that came with the panel ( which is the same relay that came with the car). After a few days I noticed a real slight cut out while on the highway. I got the same feeling just before the first one melted. so I changed the relay to the new number one that I had purchased with the fuse panel. I was still getting the cut out feel. So I replaced the pump and bought another relay and replaced that and so far its been smooth as silk. Also after the panel replacement when I started getting the cut out feel the relay was starting to show a warping on the bottom side between the post's from over heating. To elaborate on the cut out I had mentioned. It felt like the car would stall and restart but happen so fast that I couldn't see any drop in the rpm on the tach. And as the original relay and panel got worse it would start doing it at lower speeds and just before coming to a stop. but no matter the speed it was always a fraction of a second like the fuel pump relay would drop out and back in like the snap of a finger. Just my experience but I bought the new fuel pump from rockauto.com. It was the same AC Delco pump as the dealer but it cost 187 instead of the 5 something the dealer wanted. Good luck with it.
Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the same code present now. I have replaced 1) Valve on Engine, Valve under rear of car, Gas Cap. I clear the DTC with full tank of gas and it returns at 3/4 tank every time now. I was going to take it all apart now and clean electrical and seals. I would like to know more about this code too. I hope I don't need to pay for a smoke test!!

·
Registered
2009 DTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update. I picked up a new EVAP canister vent solenoid on Saturday and installed it. GM has redesigned the solenoid and you need to buy a wire harness adapter with it all for the low low price of just 82 dollars. I know its not that expesive but I have dumped a lot of money into this car and it still needs more so anything over a doller is to much as far as I'm concerned at this point. But anyhoo. It was a pretty easy job to do. It took me longer to jack the car up than it did to change the part. There is no difference in the way it runs but I have been check engine light free since I cleared the code Saturday.

·
Registered
1997 Professional Chassis Raised Roof Presidential Limousine
411 Posts
GM has redesigned the solenoid and you need to buy a wire harness adapter with it all for the low low price of just 82 dollars.
I have been check engine light free since I cleared the code Saturday.
$25 at Rock Auto
Don't get all excited there just yet, it takes quite a few cold start cycles before the emissions monitors set. Does the scan tool say yes on all parameters or incomplete?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The diagnostic runs when you cross the 3/4 tank full of gas. I cleaned O-Rings with dielectric grease in Evap canister and gas tank I hope its fixed for me too. When I originally did the job it was winter and cold in my garage. Odd thing is I also replaced a serpentine belt and idler pulley to fix a belt noise which it did (Thank goodness the tensioner appears to be working!!). Odd thing is my clunk from what I thought was half shafts is gone too. My caddy is trouble free!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts