Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need you Help. I have a code that I cannot get rid of. P0174. I got rid of all of the O2 sensor codes
and I left with this one. The car does not run bad or anything. Does not miss or knock or tap. Runs great. It just brings up this code and I have no Idea what causes this code. I saw the other thread about a Plenum that was leaking air and did some searching. And it said that It was because of the plenum that separates the intake manifold and the Throttle Body had a crack at the bottom. I looked at the pictures and looked at my car 1997 Deville Northstar 4.6l saw nothing there that looked like the plenum I saw in the picture. On my deville all I see is the intake manifold bolted directly to the throttle body.That is the only code that is present on my car. I have worked real hard to get them off and that is last one left.So if some has had that problem before could you let me know how to fix it. Any help is appreciated!!!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,977 Posts
Your car does not have that plenum. The 2000+ do. Look for a vacuum leak near bank 2. Check the PCV valve seal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts