Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting a code of 1860 on my 2000 Eldorado. Trany was replaced about 60,000 miles ago. Any info would be
appreciated. The only indication that I have a problem is my "service engine soon" light is on. Car runs fine....
problem or not?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Re: Code 1860

TCC PWM solenoid electrical. P 1860. Either the main transmission cable connector is dirty/wet (under the lower front of the transmission, curls up and around the top) or the solenoid itself is faulty - and that's a $50 part buried $2000 in labor inside the transmission if you're not a technical DIY person with surgery skills.

That's an emissions failure fault.

Google "cadillac forums p 1860 solenoid replacement".

·
Registered
Eldorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well let hope it is just dirty and wet otherwise I will drive it until it refuses to go.... I have already replaced the oil pan gasket, manifold gasket, crank sensors, bank 1 on the plugs, like I said before I think they self destruct..... I refuse to put any more money into this car and it is a beauty! Thanks, Submariner409 I know you have helped me in the past.....

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
It's not going to refuse to go because of the TCC problem. You'll just lose 2-3 MPG at steady cruising speeds above 43 MPH.

·
Registered
Eldorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Seriously? thats it... why would I replace it then? So.... how do I get rid of the "service engine" light?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
You just answered your own question.

The only way to get the light to stay off, is to fix the problem. In states that require yearly inspections, an illuminated SES light is an automatic fail.

·
Registered
Eldorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well I am kind of anal about that light being on but I better get used to it......unless it is a dirty connection it aint gettin fixed....

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,268 Posts

Well I am kind of anal about that light being on but I better get used to it......unless it is a dirty connection it aint gettin fixed....
---------------------
just "clear all the codes" each time it comes on -

you won't be able to go through emission testing with the light SES light on -
if your state doesn't do emission testing - don't worry about it -

·
Registered
Eldorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can these codes be reset by me without going to a service center? I am not seeing any instructions in my manual...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
It's not in the manual - use the sticky post just above this thread......... the "How to pull codes". When you finish scrolling through all the modules and their codes you'll be asked "Clear all codes ?" Use the proper button/rocker to answer "Yes".

Soooooo ............. to keep the light out I think you have to do the whole code thingy each time you start the car - I don't believe Eldorado ever got the 2000 and later DIC controls of the Seville/Deville - except for the engine most of the rest of the car is a 1998.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts