Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run into a code showing on the built in code reader (2003 Only) but not any other OBD-II scanner/reader? I've tried 3 standalone readers (apparently I collect them) and all are missing a code. The same code...

P0504h - Brake Switch A/B Correlation

My brake lights do work properly but the 3rd brake light is toast. Cruise control switch needs calibrated (It's next to the brake light switch).

It's only a curiosity... Granted I would like to clear it eventually.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,883 Posts
When you tried the stand alone readers. Did you happen try to erase the code(s)? If not, try it even though neither of them sees the code.

If clearing them with the stand alone, remove the negative terminal for 5 minutes or so. Reattach and the code should be cleared.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah cleared codes with all 3 at least once. Just tried with the negative off afterwards and it's the same. Code shows on the car's reader but none of the others...

It's not a big deal, just an odd thing. If it's still there after I remedy the other codes, then I might have to escalate it to an "annoying thing that's pissing me off".

Thanks for the reply tho.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 2.8L
422 Posts
Some code simply stay in history for a while. Go here and read about your code:

Think you're bad, I have 6 or 7 scanners and one of them is just for the brake system. 1 of them is a $3200 Ford dealer level scanner also.

Roy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts