Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
to save time i have a 93 deville and it is having a lot of the same problems described by another poster...so I have copied and pasted his post below. One thing I wanted to add to it is that if I hold the red warm button and the off button from the climate control for 5 seconds the data center gives me a code H8. Can anyone tell me what this means? Otherwise it is pretty much a code c most of the time and I got air blowing all the time now. Thanks.

(previous post by another poster)
I have a 1989 DeVille FWD that I put it in storage 1 1/2 years ago. When I took it out two weeks ago, the battery was dead (duh.. should have removed it.. I know..). I tried to charge it to no avail (again... a duh thing to try ;)) Put in a new battery and gas and tried to start it. It started right up and ran fine... *however* .... after I put my key in and turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position, the blower moter comes on high (out the defrost vents) and a code "c" is displayed on both the Fuel Center Display (in where the number of gallons left would normally be) and the Electronic Climate Control display. I then start the car (which by-the-way starts jut fine), the fan continues to blow on high and both displays continue to read "c". After a few minutes with the engine running, both displays change from "c" to "d"..with the blower fan continuing to run on high. The following is also true:

- Service Engine Soon light is on (although this was on when I put it in storage originally)

- Attempted to extract diagnostic codes (via pressing the Off and Warmer buttons on the ECC and then trying the Fuel Used and Reset buttins on the FCD). Nothing... still c (or d) with blower on high

- Sometimes the Service AC Light comes on... but goes right off

- Unlike some others, my blower fan actually turns off when the car is turned off

- Sometimes... (rarely), when I first start the car, some words and numbers will be displayed on the FCD (like "Fuel Used in Liters".. although the car is in and originally came from the States).. but then the display goes right back to c... then d

- I can repeat the above process as many times as you like... each time gives the same result

Very frustrating... I hope someone can help....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaveSmed said:
Maybe this thread can shed some light..... [url]http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5547[/QUOTE[/url]]

Thanks..:D I have not seen d 's on either display ..just c's on both.. so it sounds as if it may be the circuits (circuit713) that need to be looked at. maybe i won't need a new bcm. I'll find out tomorrow cause I dont want to freeze my but off the whole winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts