Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this code when the yellow service vehicle soon light came on. According to my Chilton's, it is something to do with PRNDL switch. Is this serious, because everything works great?!

What is the 7.0?

Also, if I kept holding down the off and warm buttons, could more codes have emerged? For example, I let go after I saw this first code.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
It will make some stuff act funny, like the transmission at low speeds, and maybe the backup lights. These switches are generally adjustable. Chiltons should cover that. The 7.0 is what the ECM? is to the newer Caddies, it's a prompt asking you what you want to do next. And lastly, you can let go of the OFF and WARMER buttons right afterit does the segment check, and it will still roll through all of the codes.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
delaneo said:
I have the exact same code on a 93 DeVille. What was the final verdict?

Thanks
Hi, well I'm not going to worry too much about it unless the car won't shift out of gear or ?. However, months ago I noticed some "jerkiness" when starting to drive somewhere and you suddenly take your foot off the gas for a second, at that point the car jerked a couple of times but has never done it since. I think it's minor and I don't think much will come of it. I wonder if it is easy to adjust or replace the switch. $$$$$$$$$$?

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
There not that hard to adjust. I believe yours is located where the shift linkage connects to the transmission. The way you adjust it is place the car in neutral, loosen the bolts, and align it with a hole in the linkage. then insert a pin in the hole and tighten it down, removing the pin (a drill bit works well) when you're done. Your Chiltons manual probably has it under Neutral safety/start switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts