Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C1243 BPMV Pump Motor Stalled.
I have service manual but can't find what this means.

Can anyone help?? thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,732 Posts
It's the ABS pump. Something is possibly wrong, or going wrong with it.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Clear the code and wait for it to set again before you do anything.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Okay, cleared it and got it again a few days driving later. seems it happened during hard cornering and subsequent hard braking.
Last time it came with another code: Loss of Communications with DIM, and this time again triggered the same one along with Pump Motor code.

Question is how to trouble-shoot it. The replies on this forum to my DIM code question imply I need to use a trouble-shooting "tree" which is available only to people who subscribe to some expensive GM service.
I thought things like this would be solvable using the factory service manual.

Any suggestions? thank you.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
You said in your first post you have the Service Manual. Your troubleshooting is on page 5-145 (in my '98 manual). Check the wiring and connectors carefully.

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
bigmutt said:
Okay, cleared it and got it again a few days driving later. seems it happened during hard cornering and subsequent hard braking.
Last time it came with another code: Loss of Communications with DIM, and this time again triggered the same one along with Pump Motor code.

Question is how to trouble-shoot it. The replies on this forum to my DIM code question imply I need to use a trouble-shooting "tree" which is available only to people who subscribe to some expensive GM service.
I thought things like this would be solvable using the factory service manual.

Any suggestions? thank you.
Bigmutt.

I have a 99 STS, and it did the same thing. Locate the ABS pump and module assmbly-front lower left side of vehicle. Clean the ground connection at the frame and the pigtail connector, clear codes and retest. Mine happened 4 months ago after cleaning the ground the codes or problems never returned.
Frank

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
Its a gorund that connects directly to the ABS motor.

I took a pic but my canon zoombrower will not work for some reason. Can anybody help me with this software problem?

It trys to open then the pc locks up. I tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If the pic is above 5 megapixels it may take a while to do anything with. You may just try to drag the pic directly from your camera or memory card onto your desktop and post it that way. If you have MS Office you can use their picture editer software to resize the pic so it is not so large in size.

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
Ok, I'm back, my pc crashed, I upgraded to xp, nice!
If you follow the ground wire from the motor up to the wire loom there is a inline connector clean both the inline connector and ground at the abs motor. I had to replace the terminal at the motor it was full of green corrosion.
Keep in mind the more amperage that a device draws, the less resistance it takes to slow down or stop the device. In the case of the ABS Motor it was less than 10 ohms on the ground side that caused my motor to stall.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
Looking up from under the car. I jacked up the front of the car and removed the front lower splash shield just behind the front bumper. The shield is held in with 10 push in plastic clips. The ABS motor / module is on the drivers side.
Good luck, I hope its the same problem for your pocket book sake.

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
Firewireman,
Did you fix your abs problem yet?
How did the ground look?
I looking for a :thumbsup: from you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
:thumbsup: I took it apart and cleaned the connector with some WD-40. I didn't have a wire brush to try cleaning the ground so I just did the connection. It's been 5 days with no light. Hopefully it took care of it! Thanks for the pics, they helped!

·
Registered
Cadillac seville sts 1999
9 Posts
Hey guys same problem on my 99 sts i get code 1243 and 1242 (open circuit) ill try the cleaning grounds and let you guys now if the does the trick for mine!

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
With an ohm meter measure the resistance of the power and ground circuits, OR, better yet, perform a voltage drop test on both the ground and power circuits. Sometimes a high resistance problem will not show up until you put the circuit under a load. You can measure the resistance of a circuit with a DMM all day long, and it will show good, because, of the high impedance of the meter. Now, power the up the circuit and put it under a real load, (as compared to the very small load of the meter which is usually a 9v battery), now there is a greater amount of current flow in the circuit that will enhance the high resistance problem.

My high resistance problem was the ground terminal crimp at the ground wire. My codes / ABS lamp never returned.
Good luck to you guy’s, let me know if need more help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts