Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 STS that keeps getting a code 442 .The sensors were changed 3 times as well as smoke tests that show nothing leaks.The gas cap was changed,the fuel pump as well but still the light comes on.The dealer does not know what else to do and my extended warranty is over so after more than a dozen visits to the dealer over a year period I am still back to zero.It used to come on every 2 to 3 months and over time it now comes on every week.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
Well first of all, this is in the wrong section here. Second "442" is not a code that your car would ever throw. It has to be 4 digits long, and preceeded by a letter such as P, U, B,...ect indicating the particular system/module affected. Hit the Info up, and on/off buttons at the same time for a few seconds until the dash lights up. Once the DIC reads "All" press the On/Off button. Then is will say "All Codes", press On/Off button again. Get ready because it's going to reads the codes out to you, so have a pen/pencil and some paper ready. If you miss one, you can always use the info button to scroll back to the beginning again. Once you write down all the codes, post them, and we can tell you exactly what's throwing them.

edit: This is the section this belongs in http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts