Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My regular racer, my TBird, still wasn't ready to race Saturday so I ran my CTS again. On my 2nd time trial I picked up for some reason and ran a 15.064 at 90.91mph with a 2.215 short time for my best time so far. Cooler temps, it was 89, would definitely get it down into the 14's. It continued to get noticed even though I only went 3 rounds. One guy thought it had a V8 and was surprised it was a V6. My reaction times were still a bit slow but I'll be back in the Bird next race and back to normal.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
what "method" did u use?
rev?
rpm?
t/c?
sport mode?
stock engine?
wheel size?
stock goodyear eagle rs-a tires?
gas in tank?
empty trunk?
spare tire?

just curious :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's bone stock, new Continental ContiTouring tires 225/55/16, 26psi rear 36psi front, TC on, Sport mode on, 1/2 tank 89 octane, empty trunk w/spare, brought the rpm up to about 1500 and let it go on 3rd yellow.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
you try turning traction control off this last time?
its just odd to me how that little "Buck" you get from nailing it with the TC on gives u a better time than spining the wheels for an instant...

how much u say that 89 octane helps over Regular unleaded at your local exxon

and sorry i havent said it yet... NICE JOB!! :thumbsup: :highfive:

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried running w/o traction control last week and couldn't hook it up with these tires. I just got too much wheelspin. Bracket racing requires consistency and running w/ TC is a lot more consistent with these tires. If I had some drag radials for it, it would be different. I've discovered over the years that I've done this that the less I spin the tires the better my times. I only ran the 89 octane to make sure I didn't get any detonation. I doubt if it runs any quicker.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Any idea what the barometric pressure was?

Im hittin the track on August thrid and am predicting 14.6. Anyone wanna bet me some happy meals? HEHEHE

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of my friends that I pit with has a SpeedTech Skymaster. It was showing an absolute barometric pressure, not to be confused with the corrected barometric pressure that the weather reports show, of 2948 all day long. The humidity was around 41% as I recall and the temp in the pits was 89 degrees. I didn't check track temps. Good luck on the 14.6, hope you get it. It may be awhile till I run the Caddy again. I'll run the SC the rest of the season till Oct. I've got some videos and photos of the Bird on my myspace web page. www.myspace.com/mike2908.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts