Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
How long are you gonna be there? I'm leaving for Vegas on Friday and will be there for at least a week and a half. Maybe we can meet up and cruise the V's.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LV_V said:
How long are you gonna be there? I'm leaving for Vegas on Friday and will be there for at least a week and a half. Maybe we can meet up and cruise the V's.
I actually have a apartment in las vegas. I'm going to stay up there for about a week and a half....come back to la for about 2 days....go back to vegas for about a month leave again back to la for xmas and newyears....and back to vegas until April.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The lowering of the fluid level in the clutch reservoir has been discussed in a number of other threads, along with concerns about discoloration of the fluid. The consensus is that there is always some rapid initial lowering of the fluid level as the new clutch breaks in. After the first 5000 miles or so, the rate that the fluid level drops will decrease significantly. Also, you could have a completely empty reservoir but still have fluid in the hose that connects the reservoir to the hydraulic clutch actuator. The reservoir is very small and there is probably more fluid in the hose than in the reservoir. Therefore, a empty reservoir does not necessarily imply that bleeding the actuator is necessary. If you refilled the reservoir and have no indication of malfunctions with the clutch, then don't doing anything other than to keep a check on the fluid level in the clutch reservoir just as you would with other fluids such as the brake, power steering, and coolant fluids. Because the clutch fluid reservoir is so small, you might want to check it a little more often than the other fluids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts