Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch linkage has what appears to be internal leakage. Clutch engages with pedal held on floor and pedal does not come up unless pulled. No fluid missing, no puddles. Can the slave leak internally or just the master? Fluid is fresh.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)
297 Posts
Look under the dash where the clutch pedal mounts. Make sure there is a spring in place. My pedal had the spring pop out of one of its mounts which made the pedal click and feel off. If your spring broke or is completely out of the mounts the pedal may not return to the up position.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look under the dash where the clutch pedal mounts. Make sure there is a spring in place. My pedal had the spring pop out of one of its mounts which made the pedal click and feel off. If your spring broke or is completely out of the mounts the pedal may not return to the up position.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hi PM. I saw a post that described this, probably yours, and checked mine. The spring is in place. I dropped the car off at the independent mechanic and have not heard back from him. Tied a string to the pedal to get the pedal back up to get it there. It works ok when everything is cold, but fails rapidly when it gets warm. Once it gets hot, I can only disengage the clutch for about a second.

My understanding is that on most cars the slave cannot leak internally. Never could find our specific for the V. My understanding is that to test the master for internal leakage you clamp the hose going to the slave and push the pedal for a bit. If it does not hold, the master is leaking internally.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,726 Posts
GM / Tremec placed the slave on the bore of the input shaft, and overall it's just a very shitty design. sucks to replace, sucks to bleed, and on top of all this, it bleeds clutch material into the fluid and then you get the pedal stuck to the floor unless you change the fluid regularly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts