Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cts
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there just a quick question i would love to be able to make the clusters needles do the same as in newest models when u turn the car on.... has anyone done this already try looking around didn't c anything
Im also looking for a wood shift knob replacement for my stock one i tried eBay already but no luck so far:helpless:
thankks

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
I've got a wooden shifter knob for an automatic trans. Its not the tiptronic shifter. its the standard auto one with wood grain / silver button

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
No clue what you are talking about.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i think i might know what he is talking about because my STS does some crazy things with the needles when the car starts. i personally dont think it is possible to make your current cluster to do this, but if you could, then i am sure you have to open it up and mess with some things. i personally would only trust a place like Specmo to do this type of mod though

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,883 Posts
There are two things that I can think of that the OP is talking about.

Either, as mentioned above, the needles goes all the way to max then back down. Or a line of LEDs that follow the needle(s) as they go up.

But I highly doubt that can be programed, the needle being maxed out, very easily. Not by the diy, at least.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
thats what my STS does, but actually mine has more guages

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I think every new car does that now. It's the trend. I hardly ever even see it, I cannot imagine investing any effort to make a car do it.

·
Registered
2007 cts
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm pretty sure he's talking about this:
im sorry to bring up so many confussions, this was exactly what i ment to say, igf anyone has an idea on how to do this ill be great, also still looking for the wooden shift knob.

thank you

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
kbo, I'll take a pic of the shifter I got and put it up later on. However, idk about the gauge thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts