Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
03 Escalade ext, 02 Escalade
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cluster lights are starting to go out everywhere and I was wondering if it was possible to convert it to led and if so where could I buy them. I want to replace every light in my car to leds

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,140 Posts
Leds have a + side and a - side. Light bulbs do not. They are not for 12v but 2-3 so you will need a proper current limiting resistors but some LEDs do have a built in resistor but they are harder to find. Light bulbs emit light around the sides and top and LEDs usually emit just out the top and create bright spots. But you can buy special ones. I took the tops off with a dremel as I did my cluster, radio buttons, HVAC controls with blue LEDs.
Escalade LED 4a.jpg

Escalade LED 3a.jpg

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,140 Posts
Thanks, overall about 20 hours but when you are retired you get bored.

·
Registered
2003, 5 Speed CTS / 2005 Escalade AWD
2 Posts
My cluster lights are starting to go out everywhere and I was wondering if it was possible to convert it to led and if so where could I buy them. I want to replace every light in my car to leds
Your local parts store has them and mine was having the same issue, I put a new red top optimum battery and issue was resolved

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade 6.0 V8 AWD
35 Posts
I need complete original bulb set for every bulb in front console.
Is there a specific web site for them which I can buy online?

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,219 Posts
I need complete original bulb set for every bulb in front console.
Is there a specific web site for them which I can buy online?
I purchased my instrument cluster bulb and steeper motor set from Ebay. I only have a couple of burn out bulbs on the corners, so I have not installed the bulbs yet. I am waiting for more bulbs to go out to make the job worth the trouble of pulling the cluster and soldering the bulbs. I will swap the stepper motors when they fail.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I already checked eBay and found those listings but what I need specifically is the bulbs. I have no problem with stepper motors but almost every bulb went out...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
That Website I sent does leds I did it to my Dodge Ram and comes with a one year warranty and they will fix whatever else they find wrong with it come back looking brand new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah thanks I checked that out but they are offering a repair service.
I am in Turkey and it'll cost a lot of money and time for me to send them my cluster and wait for it to come back :)

I just need the bulbs so I can repair my own cluster at home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts