Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 AWD ATS that I purchased in January of 2015. I have been having this issue for months. My car only has just over 3k miles on it but the problem started with under 2k. I drive 1 mile in and out on a dirt road to my house the rest is mostly pavement and hwy. But I do have a gravel driveway. I notice the noise mostly coming down my driveway slowly…it is starting to sound like my wheels are coming off. I don’t notice is as much on paved roads. My GM dealer has replaced the knuckle joints and the front strut but the noise is still there. They have no idea what the problem is. I can feel it too. It is so frustrating. I have been doing some research and see that some talk about replacing the sway bar link being a possible fix. Has anybody had any luck replacing the sway bar link? I don’t want to keep tearing everything apart and potentially starting new problems.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Crimson Sport
178 Posts
Try tightening all of the nuts that go on the sway bar endlinks. Usually when you remove those nuts they are either one time use and need to be replaced or you need to use thread locker when re-installing. This was an issue on my car too. Took me like 10 mins to fix.

·
Registered
'13 ATS4 2.0T, Gone but will be missed, '13 SRX4 Performance
473 Posts
I have the same front end rattle when crossing expansion joints or driving on a rock driveway. It's been getting worst over the last year. I have a '13 AWD. In my car the bushing on the front lower control arm is bad. I was able to wiggle it last night and I could feel and hear the clunk.

·
Registered
'13 ATS4 2.0T, Gone but will be missed, '13 SRX4 Performance
473 Posts
My dealer is replacing both of my lower front control arms. The bushings that attach them to the chassis are worn enough that they rattle. The ball joints at the spindle end are good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts