Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, drove a new STS-V. All I can say is wow, and to expensive.

Ok, so this is how it went down. Crusing down the a highway here in Texas, playing with a guy in a Infiniti G35, I blast around him and continue to beat on my STS, which is what I do best. Make the right hand turn on to the expressway frontage road doing about 40mph, put is sideways, slide across the 1st lane, foot to the floor. Stabilitrac did not kick in was kind of upset, but had the slide completely under control. Blasted on the expressway hauling ass. Not a big problem. Wake up this morning drive my son to daycare, horrible clunking noise in the left front of the car.
Kind of sounds like the caliper is sticking on the vehicle, but also has a hint of a torn strut mount.

So moral is if you are going to beat on it, it will break. I might drive mine a little harder than normal, since the 6200 m/ks I have put on it are the hardest miles of its life.
I can say that this car can not take a beating at all. Mine has lived in the shop, spent a total of 9 1/2 weeks so far in service. Hell my last company car which was a 05 Malibu never had any problems, and I drove that harder cause it was slower. This car so far beside the beauty of it has been a real piece of shit. Granted I am no angel to it, but it is marketed as a Sports Luxury Sedan. Plus I have gone through 4 subwoofers and 2 rightout side mirrors, yet it still shakes like crazy..

I am not saying that any other manufactors are better, cause I ate my girl friends BMW 330i to pieces. Its worse than the Cadillac, since she has worn through a complete front steering system its 2 years old with about 19K on it. I dont know what I am getting at, but I am home bored and figured I would bitch. Im going to call someone who cares..

·
Registered
79 Devile, 94 STS, 03 EXT, 05 STS, 13 ATS, 16 ATS-V Coupe
50 Posts
dude.. ive had my sts a month and a half.. i beat the piss out of it.. the only things ive broke so far where both passanger side wheels (hit a pothole at 85 around a turn) and bottomed out on a crazy downhill turn (at about 50) cracking the exhaust. i have 4k miles on it and love it.. the other night i took the car into a bit of a fish tail rounding a corner that had a bump at about 75.. the stability turned on as i punched into the fishtail and came out of the turn at about 70.. so besides the stuff I broke the car is sick and the stabilitrak rocks.. as for your subs.. stop distorting the speakers and they'll stop blowing if i where u ide be happy they keep changing them for you =)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing visual is broken under the car. Krashed 989, I was thinking caliper but it stopped doing it yesterday when it warmed up here. Got a little cold and it started clankin like crazy. So I am still leaning to a torn Strut mount..

Ebomb321.. up intil just the other night I had never broken anything on it from beating on it. Just every single thing else keeps breaking on it.
My dealer would never dream on not replacing something for me, cause if they do me wrong, when they need my help. I will return that favor. The subs are not blowing, they are coming loose and rattling. They thought maybe the casing was bad on it last time so they replaced the whole assemlby. Didnt do a thing...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know there is 2 sway bars. So the dealer is thinking that it is the control arm. Said they got a bulliten for a new updated control arm assemlby. Said they have seen it a couple times already.
Called Cadlillac customer assistance center, this time I just threw down on the guy. Told him completely what I thought of the car. Was not very nice to him, but I am tired of it. Dealer is not close to my house and I have to for go driving my company car to take the damn Cadillac in for service.
Pretty much told him I was tired of paying for a car that I do not get to drive, since the damn thing has seen over 47 days in the service department I have owned it for 5 months. There is about a 2 week period between visits cause I am tired of taking it to them, even though when I pull out of the store something else breaks. No I am not nit picking the car to death.
Everything they have done so far has been major repairs. Roaring noise in the front end, subwoofer rattling, right outside mirror shaking, seats popping when adjusting took the 4 times to fix that, they had to resecure the seat to the floor, reposition the insulation, replaced the seat frame then finally the track, doors mis-aligned, then door mis-aligned again and took a chunk of the door frame with it, headlight gasket came out, brakes popping when applied, fuel pump cycling when any door or part of the vehicle is opened or closed without the fob in range, driver kick panel the lights fell out of it, wiring all hangin.
Dont say take it to another store, cause it has already been to 3. Field engineer involved, everyone in the shop said one thing, he said nothing was wrong so I still live with the hum noise. Ever so present, Service manager feels sorry for me that I have to drive it.
Thinking about just cutting my losses and terminating the lease. Go back to my 62 Lincoln Continental. Least I expect that to break.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
150 Posts
Sounds like you got a lemon on your hands. I had mine about the same amount of time you have and ride it fast and hard everyday, my 13mpg is proof of that, and the only problems I had is a paint defect on the spoiler when delivered from the factory and the rubber insulation in the trunk popping off. I don't buy new cars from dealer stock anymore ordered from the factory. If you bought a dealer stock car somebody else my have jacked that car up on a test drive or something. I feel your pain man. I been burned like that with a new car 2.

·
Registered
CERTIFIED CADDY TECH
71 Posts
I know what you are talking about all too well----I am a dealer technician--I have seen the front shocks blown at 3,000 miles---they cause quite a racket when they lose their hydraulic fluid. Check that side and see if the strut/absorber is leaking. I have replaced about 12 of these so far and all on the left front. I am sorry to hear about your issues, bad part is, there is always excessive problems first year out. You have every right to be upset. I personally have had to repair vehicles right off of the delivery truck. I had 5 brand new 06 dts's with different problems last week. I think there needs to be a little more quality control at the factory.................sorry to hear about your car, hopefully they (your dealer) can work out the kinks for you.

Supercrew632

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bigplay.. No it was never driven, picked it up with tenths of a mile on it. Was dropped off the truck and brought to the front. 13 mpg that about what I get, the car begs to be driven hard. Dont know what it is, just looking at it makes me want to beat on it...

Supercrew.. I know what you are talking about, I would prefer not to say what I do for a living, but one of my Cadillac stores keep getting DTS with PCM problems. The quality control is setup great, its the people who are doing it, they dont want to run through the cars like they should cause another one is slamming up behind them ready to go. Been at to many plants and watch QC guys get hurried. They dont think its a strut, they think that the control arm bushings pushed out. The dealer knows how hard I drive it will know more in a couple days Im sure.
Would of actually gotten a DTS rental car if I would of held off one more day to take mine in. Which my writer would of told me that, instead he was fighting them to keep the STS in fleet so I could take it. Would of rather had the DTS, have been wanting to drive one alone see if its any better than the Deville. I am sure it is, but just how much is what I was wondering..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts