Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, im itching to install a 2005 cluster in my 2003 CTS, but not at the expense of losing my clock in the dash. I have a CD ROM nav, but there is no clock. I figured my early build date just dosnt have it. I got the part number from Shaft (another forum member) who has a 2003 CTS with nav AND he has a clock. Went to the dealer today, pulled out my navigation...SAME EXACT PART NUMBER! My service rep said it might be the car, as in the wiring harnesses etc, but I told him Ive known people with early build dates who put navigations in thier cars and the clock worked. So now im stuck, as I dont know how to fix this problem. Next tuesday my rep told me he would call up some guys at GM and also try a tech 2 to see if its a feature that can be activated. I need a replacemnt nav anyways, I was asking the rep if he can request a clock or however it works. He said he will call be tuesday about the issue. So yea just giving an update on this little ''problem''.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CTS V6 3.6 said:
how about you sell me your 05 cluster Caddy Man?? lol lol:yup: im only playing. Good Luck!
wassup bro, did you get the 2 PMs I sent you the other day?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CTS V6 3.6 said:
yea i emailed a bunch of those junk yards. thanks alot man
they had phone numbers too, its faster and more direct just to call, thats what I did, just took my credit card info on the phone and shipped it out.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
They're all plug-n-play, except for the mileage. Since the miles are kept in the odometer, you'll have the miles of the car you got it out of. You need to send it to a GM certfied speedo shop to have it set to your miles. If your car is still underwarranty, this is a very important step. Specmo is one of a bunch of companies that offer this service. You send them both your old and new IP's (for verification of miles) and they send them both back, with the new one programmed to the old one's miles. It costs around $100 or so for the service, plus you supply the IPs. They're available from salvage yards or occassionally on EBay.

The big deal about the swap is for early '03 cars (pewter dash) that had an analog clock instead of the requisite the temp guage. '04 IPs look just like '03's except for this. '05 added chrome rings around the guages. I put an '04 IP in my early '03 a year and a half ago, for a very stealth transformation. I don't think even the dealer would notice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts