Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just started getting RDS on some of the radio stations in my area (this displays the name of a song and artist on the display). It works fine on my CTS radio except that I cannot have the RDS message scroll across, within 5 seconds the radio reverts back to the clock display causing me to miss the entire or portion of the message. I know its minor, but its a cool feature. Can I disable the Clock anyway?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been experiencing the same problems. I am investigating with the manufacturer/radio supplier and will post if I find a solution.

Gary

·
Registered
26 Posts
In your set up menu, make the TA as one of the soft screen options. Meaning where the 4 button options are available on the radio, make one the Traffic Anouncement. There should be a TA with a little box with an X in it now. Ok, so, while you are playing a radio station, turn off the TA (X is gone). Wait 1 sec, then turn the TA back on. As soon as the radio begins scanning for TAs, press the radio preset soft key (on the bottom) that you are on (so if you are on radio preset 1, hit that preset button). This should turn the clock off and allow the scrolling message to appear.

It will work until you turn the car off or switch to CD and then back.

Now, if you are on preset station 1 and the TA will not scan after you have turned it back on.... Simply go to preset 2, and turn it back on. When is starts scanning, hit preset 2. When you go back to one, the message will scroll.

Ok, I want to hear from everyone who has tried. If you cant get it to work, I will be more than happy to walk you through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
CraigFLCTS