Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im on the highway yesterday (late for a meeting), doing about 100km/h in a 70 zone. This older guy in a 1st gen. CLK320 was pacing beside me, and we started creeping up on a new Jag. XJ8. just as I switch to the middle lane to pass the Jag, he romps on it! (i've raced this guy before and got severly raped!!!:mad: , some guy in his 60's having fun with life!!!) So I stomp on it, get up to about 140km/h and sure enough -->3 cops jump out on the right side flailing their arms at us to pull over. I slammed it back into 3rd, looked in my rearview mirror, the Jag was actually pulling over (with some hesitation it appeared), then I notice the CLK right beside me!

I just kept it to the floor, gained about 1 car length on him, took he lead and the exit to the freeway, to ensure the police didn't decide to chase us, and ripped down the off-ramp. :highfive: The CLK followed suit, but I totally left him in the dust!!! Got it up to about 210 before I backed off. Seems like the 245-30-20" rubber paid off for me going on that ramp, added with a slightly faster car than the 320. The CLK driver was quite embarresed I'd say, since he ripped by me still doing about 150 but didn't even bother to acknowledge my winning position. (I always give the courtest nod when admitting to a loss:yup: ).

I never thought so many middle aged men were into these little street races until I bought this Caddy. It's kinda funny, b/c nobody in ricers or anything ever want to race. It's always older men and sometimes women, in what I believe to be highly overpowered/overpriced luxury cars. I'm glad when I get the chance to prove some Caddy Spanking ground against the likes of Oil Exec's, etc... in the $70k+ car category:yup:

One thing I have noticed in my car though; when I'm taking a ramp way to fast and have to brake a little in the middle of the curve, theres this really noticable pulsing in the brake pedal. It's not the ABS, it almost feels like my rotor is bent. Just wondering if this is some electronic wizard at work or if theres a possible problem...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Nice. Were the cops just standing there?

Pulsing brakes...better check your rotors. I know all four rotors on mine are warped but I brake hard so often that it's not even worth getting them turned. Somedays they are smooth, other times it's like a small earthquake.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They had radar set up at the side of the road and 3 of em' saw us comming. It was a last min. attempt to direct us to the shoulder of the road, kinda reminded me of airport traffic controllers.....nah.... they did actually look like wild banchees trying to get out attention, I was laughing my ass off for the next 20 mins. I've had to make the mad dash a few times before; the old pedal to the floor, car to the garage, run to the light switch, jump into bed. Never had them find my house yet....knock on wood!

My brakes are fine though during everyday use. Hard braking, light braking, i don't get any pulse. It's just when I'm hard into a long turn at like 60mph and need to slow down before I break the ass end out. The car only has 6000 miles, and I don't recall any times that may have cause my brakes to warp.... hmmm, I'm just intrigued with what that could possibly be... It's done it from day one...

·
Banned
156 Posts
Sounds like an awesome ride . Have you heard from the cops since , be careful maybe one drives a Caddy and is on the forum.:histeric:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't heard a peep from the cops, doubt I will, they would have had to catch my plate # while I was doin 140+. The dust in there eyes blurred their vision i'm sure!

I think Cadillacs are not within a very close grasp of most Alberta police. They seem to be committing a large amount of injustices towards innocent individuals which takes a large portion of the police force money to defend themselves in court and claim settlements.
Hmmm kind of becomming like mini-New Orleans here, HAHA! be prepared Mr. Ociffer; pepper spray awaits the face for thou who pulls thee over with intent of steeling thy car!!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
This is classic...the whole cop thing is the best!!!I have to re-read your thread though and convert to mph....I love your kill and the dusting of the cops is just icing...I must say, you have some balls on you though...I don't play like that with cops tho.....two words Rodney King!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks pjohnesq! I try not to be a dick on the road, but whenever I see the cops I'm just so tempted to try and get away with something boarderline-illegal. Whether it be passing them going just 5mph over the limit or whatever. I learned my techniques from my mother, she's the queen when it comes hauling her S-class at 90km/h in a 40 zone then "having absolutely no idea on why you pulled me over officer, I wasn't doing anything wrong". Hell I got a need for speed on occasion just like they do, and if they have no reprecussions for their bad driving then why should I recognize them as an authority to pull me over for my bad driving, especially when they can't catch me! Two more words.......Thomas Mesereau!<<<Now ya wanna fcuk?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice race, and good hop on the cops. Just like Jay-Z says, "I got two choices y'all, pull over the car or, bounce on the double, put the pedal to the floor."

Are you sure that vibration/pulsing in the brake pedal isn't ABS? I get that same exact vibration and pulse when I race up in the mountains here and take corners at that same speed and faster; and I dismissed it as ABS...hopefully it isn't something else.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Let me first say that I would never encourage, much less endorse evading arrest, at the hands of legitimate law enforement officials.

That being said, I don't care what kind of car you are in, if you don't let off the gas as you blow past the cops, and are smart about exiting and evasion, there is no punishment because you cannot be caught. Now, only a very reckless and selfish driver would utilize such methods of evasion, but it has been known to happen.

Back to the story at hand, you kept up with or barely smoked at Mercedez CLK 3.2L? And this is worth bragging about because? I beat a Hyndai off the line last week, it's pathetic 2.7L engine was never a match for my 3.6L. Should I be counting coup? Uh, no. Come back when you as the driver, you out drive a CLK500 and then it will be worthy of the bragging rights. Beating a CLK 3.2L with a lighter, more nimble (and fickle) car is not a whole lot to crow about.

My girlfriend drives a CLK500 and I would not even think to try to take her on a straight of way. Yes, I can get her in the turns because the Stabilitrack on Cadillacs is a lot less punishing on performance than the MB stability control, but that becomes more about the driver and less about the car.

To the point, your braggadocio means nothing because it was never a fair fight to begin with. Your car cost about half what the Mercedez did, so your willingness to risk your property, your life, the lives of others, and general property damage is pretty unimpressive. THe Mercedez driver had a lot more to lose, it is no wonder you pulled ahead.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
MikeB066 said:
Back to the story at hand, you kept up with or barely smoked at Mercedez CLK 3.2L? And this is worth bragging about because? I beat a Hyndai off the line last week, it's pathetic 2.7L engine was never a match for my 3.6L. Should I be counting coup? Uh, no. Come back when you as the driver, you out drive a CLK500 and then it will be worthy of the bragging rights. Beating a CLK 3.2L with a lighter, more nimble (and fickle) car is not a whole lot to crow about.
Wait a minute.....I may be incorrect here but isn't the CLK500 an 8 - cylinder car and the CLK 320 a 6 -cylinder car??? If I am correct, then his kill is worthy of bragging rights....I don't see why he has to step up to another class of cars in order to brag...Just my $.02.....I wonder if he came back with a V and spanked your girl's CLK 500 if you would consider that worthy of bragging rights...Hey Haute, good kill...just watch out for the "po po":cop: :cop:

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Yeah, nice kill! Just don't take much risk on the coppas and your life in the curves...
The CLK is also much lighter, so I would say it's worth to brag about. And the CLK driver started to brag anyway and got dusted!

And finally a buddy I can talk metric with!

·
Registered
356 Posts
MikeB066 said:
Let me first say that I would never encourage, much less endorse evading arrest, at the hands of legitimate law enforement officials.

That being said, I don't care what kind of car you are in, if you don't let off the gas as you blow past the cops, and are smart about exiting and evasion, there is no punishment because you cannot be caught. Now, only a very reckless and selfish driver would utilize such methods of evasion, but it has been known to happen.

My girlfriend drives a CLK500 and I would not even think to try to take her on a straight of way. Yes, I can get her in the turns because the Stabilitrack on Cadillacs is a lot less punishing on performance than the MB stability control, but that becomes more about the driver and less about the car.

To the point, your braggadocio means nothing because it was never a fair fight to begin with. Your car cost about half what the Mercedez did, so your willingness to risk your property, your life, the lives of others, and general property damage is pretty unimpressive. THe Mercedez driver had a lot more to lose, it is no wonder you pulled ahead.
This sounds a bit uncalled for, I think we all need to chill. Some people are down with running cars they see on the street, and apparently others are not. The CLK's 3.2 is indeed a V6, MB's first, and if you say it is a lighter, more nimble car, then well, it sounds like a good run. He took down a car that "cost about half what the Mercedes did". He never bragged about being wreckless, ignorant, or destructive, nor did he promote such behavior; if you're a good driver (skill wise), then you know how to handle your car, simple as that. And why would you ever leave Stabilitrak on when bombing the twisties and tight circuits; everything should be off to truly see how a driver handles his weapon. This was merely a run for fun on the street, you can't expect to have an equal match at any given time, as much as we would like to. Half of the races out there are mismatched; the MB had more to lose, and more to prove. I race bigger, faster cars all the time, and take down a good number of them. It's all about what gives you a good time. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
In FL, my county, if an unmarked cop trys to pull you over and you dip on them, they can't chase you and 9 times out of 10 won't even report it. Saw it the other night on TV. Camera crew was riding w/a cop in a unmarked car and he let 3 people go b/c they hauled ass on him. Didn't call their plates in or nothing. Cop said it's not worth someone getting hurt over. Marked cars are a different story.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the support after Mikebo66's comments. FYI; I have been trained to drive cars to the limit in a safe, non-wreckless manner. BMW Fascination 1 course offers in depth training as well as in-car experiences driving M3's to the limit. If I can handle an M3, I can certainly handle my CTS without any problem.

As for your simply stupid comments about me having no bragging rights after kicking the ass out of a CLK320, Ummm maybe I should check under the hood of my car again and make sure I didn't accidentally buy a CTS-V. Any moron with car knowledge knows a CLK500 is a V8, and is absulutely out of the CTS competition category, have fun ebaressing yourself racing your 'girlfriends CLK500'. A CLK320 is a substancially more expensive car than the CTS and punches out pretty similar HP (nevermind its a smaller more nimble car than the CTS). I could take a bitch like you out to the track in the same car and whoop your ass any day of the week, so I suggest you save your comments for the 'newbie' crowd who also know nothing about cars and may actually listen to your moronic statements....:) just a thought! :)
Done dealing with you.

As for the police (similar situation to 05CTS' comments), the freeway I pulled on to is one where police are not allowed to persue a chase of any sort for any reason in my city. Its the simple get-away route for those with crotch-rockets and fast cars. If the cops start to chase any of these, it's an instant reaction to head for this road, cuz if he cant catch you before that, he is banned from following you on that freeway.

And Krank, I totally agree, I race faster cars than mine all the time,knowing I'm gonna get my ass beat, but hey, if nothing else; you put on a damn good show for the other motorists. I don't see the point in only racing cars i'm gonna beat down, its better to put up a challenge and see what these $70k cars can really do to a CTS!

·
Registered
51 Posts
i beat out a silverado with corvette badging and super sport written on the back glass....The thing even had spinning rims and it wanted to race....nice kill to start off the morning....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
TexCad