Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of yall that know me at all know that I am a huge movie fan (my AMC moviewatcher card has 298 points since I got it, and each movie is worth 2 points if that gives you any idea), but I don't usually review a movie because I feel it's just too damn objective.

However, in the case of Shoot Em' Up, all I am going to say is go see it. If you liked Pulp Fiction, you will LOVE THE SHIT out of Shoot Em' Up. It is funny, its brilliant in it's almost ridiculous execution of it's stuntwork and it is completely irreverant without going over the top. The acting by Paul Giamatti and Clive Owen is top notch, not their best work, but pure Paul and pure Clive. Monica Belluci is hotter than a turkey at a thanksgiving day house fire as usual.

Many of you may or may not know that Clive Owen's claim to fame was a series of BMW short films from a few years ago where he played the driver in each one. He does a great job continuing that legacy in this movie, but you'll just have to see it to know what I mean. Unfortunately for Chad, he doesnt take to one particular W140 too kindly in one scene ;)

Paul and Clive are two of my favorite actors and they do not disappoint here. I give it a 3.5 of 5 (my scale is pretty rigorous).

Just go see it, its a great popcorn flick.

X

·
0 Posts
Hey. Get the movie "the wages of fear" The black and white version and the color version with Roy Shieder. Watch the b/w version first. Damn good movie. My fav.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Any of yall that know me at all know that I am a huge movie fan (my AMC moviewatcher card has 298 points since I got it, and each movie is worth 2 points if that gives you any idea), but I don't usually review a movie because I feel it's just too damn objective.

However, in the case of Shoot Em' Up, all I am going to say is go see it. If you liked Pulp Fiction, you will LOVE THE SHIT out of Shoot Em' Up. It is funny, its brilliant in it's almost ridiculous execution of it's stuntwork and it is completely irreverant without going over the top. The acting by Paul Giamatti and Clive Owen is top notch, not their best work, but pure Paul and pure Clive. Monica Belluci is hotter than a turkey at a thanksgiving day house fire as usual.

Many of you may or may not know that Clive Owen's claim to fame was a series of BMW short films from a few years ago where he played the driver in each one. He does a great job continuing that legacy in this movie, but you'll just have to see it to know what I mean. Unfortunately for Chad, he doesnt take to one particular W140 too kindly in one scene ;)

Paul and Clive are two of my favorite actors and they do not disappoint here. I give it a 3.5 of 5 (my scale is pretty rigorous).

Just go see it, its a great popcorn flick.
Sounds like a plan, if you say it's anything like Pulp Fiction (one of my 5 favorite movies ever) then I'm up for it. But what did he do to the 140?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a plan, if you say it's anything like Pulp Fiction (one of my 5 favorite movies ever) then I'm up for it. But what did he do to the 140?
I'ts like a pulp fiction that takes itself much less seriously, it's just great. I cant give away the W140 scene cause it's one f the funnier ones, suffice it to say it's made all that much better by what hes driving at that moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts