Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 seville, just bought it, found an aftermarket switch under the dash that manually starts, stops heater and ac fan. under the hood the plug is disconnected. maybe the fan wouldnt stop? has anyone had a problem with these fans staying on or not coming on at all? the interior was so filthy, maybe the switches were gummed up. filthy beggar didnt appreciate what he had

·
Registered
1993 Eldo 4.9 66K miles
368 Posts
What you found unplugged under the hood may be the blower motor resistor which controls blower speed. Previous owner may have bypassed it if it has gone bad. If you look up the price of the part at www.rockauto.com you'll see why.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Plug it in and see what happens. Or not! those fans are a pretty penny ($200+) to replace because the control module was integrated into the unit. The older models the two units (fan and power control module) were separate.

·
Registered
Cadillac
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like i know whats goin on. i was wondering if my controls were screwed, but now at least i know what i have to replace. i hate that crap when people just bypass their problem, i mean, you buy a 60 thousand dollar vehicle then bypass a broken 400 dollar part? buy a chevette if you want to farmer rig it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres a blower control resistor listed there for 130.00, is that the part that goes bad? or is it more likely the module on the blower motor itself?

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
sounds like i know whats goin on. i was wondering if my controls were screwed, but now at least i know what i have to replace. i hate that crap when people just bypass their problem, i mean, you buy a 60 thousand dollar vehicle then bypass a broken 400 dollar part? buy a chevette if you want to farmer rig it.
Thats a good one! Ive had many vehicles like this ,The best one was a ZR1 Corvette with a push botton in the dash the start the car? and the right part was 20$. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts