Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with the computer on my 92 SDV, in diagnostic mode. Well, I did something that made the Mid Level Vents blow hot air. Is there some kind of code to hit that makes the climate control change how it works?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Hmm, didn't know you could do that. A lot of people would like to know how you did it.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
62 Posts
I didn't see anything that would explain this in the service manual. Is it possible to force a BCM parameter over ride similar to the PCM?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, Im not sure... Thats why im asking. My battery became disconnected & it stopped. I cant figure out how to get it back. I'll go play with it though.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville
175 Posts
That would be really cool if someone could figure out the procedure to make the upper vents (not the defrost) blow heated air. My guess was that it was a fluke, and it was the Climate Control Computer getting confuesed.

·
Registered
88 Sedan Deville, 89 Eldorado, 11 SRX, 18 CT6
130 Posts
on my 88, there is a way to Temporarily control output, or the "program number" and it turns the blower door first, you can control the heat valve through diagnostic mode, so you Could turn heat on and have it go anyway, but once you exit diag mode, it goes back to "normal" i dont think there is a way to Overide it per-say, but hey... i dont have that year lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Um, mine puts heat through the dash vents all the time, when it wants to. Then again I don't have an owners manual so I have no idea how to control between the dash vents and the floor vents, or if thats even possible. It also pushed hot air out of whichever of the 2 vents is wishes while traveling on the highway. I guess I need to fix this before summer. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts