Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 deville. I think there is something wronge with my bcm. here is the story.
I was was driving to the mall with my friends the other day with just my fans blowingon "econ". We got to a light and the fans were not working well enough so I turned on my ac. When we started moving and I turned my ac off, the fans stayed on and blew air out of the defrost vents and at our feet. When I got to the mall and turned my car off the fans stayed on. So I just dropped my friends off to see a movie and went home to see if I could fix the problem. When I got home it was late, so I was too lazy to do anything and I just pulled the fuse.
Yesterday me and my dad tried fixing it. I took out the climate control and put the fuse back. The fans came on.
I have the haynes and chilton manuels for my car and in their wireing diagrams they say that the only places the blower motor recieve power from are the "climate control power module" or something and the BCM.
Does anyone have any ideas? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the same problem and had to replace the power control module. It cost me $125 for the part and about 15 minutes to replace it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is in the engine compartment. Underneath the maxi fuse panel is a box with the blower motor. To the left of the motor is the power module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
gtduke