Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what I tried this morning. I tried the HVAC Actuator Recalibration Procedure For GM Trucks and SUVs So I did this : For auto systems, press the auto button, with the key on.

Turn the ignition off.

Remove the HVAC/ECAS , 10 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box* or disconnect the battery for one minute.

Install the HVAC fuse or reconnect the battery.

Start the engine. On systems with auto a/c controls the controls will default to 74 degrees F when the ignition is turned back on

DO NOT TOUCH the a/c controls.

Let the engine run for 1-4 minutes.

Turn the ignition off for at least 10 seconds but no more than 30 seconds.

Restart the engine and then test the a/c controls

After I did this I checked and it did not set to default 74 dg. and I had the same problem of the vents only blow threw the dash vents. when I set the temp on the coldest I got cold air. When I set the temperature to 90 I got ambient air temperature. When I pushed the button for recycling the air the light would flash and then turn off.

When I checked the rear controls they seem to be working fine now. Could somebody tell me where the brain module is for the climate control?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.