Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Base Deville
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the "mode" actuator because of a stripped gear. After I replaced it, air is blowing cold and then hot out of the vents. It also switches cold and hot from side to side. I did pull the wrong actuator at first. I pulled the one to the rear of the "mode" actuator, but I put it right back on. It seems to blow out of the correct ducts, but the temperature changes dramatically without changing the temperature setting. I read that to re-calibrate the HVAC system I should disconnect the battery and short the positive and negative battery terminals together, and then run the HVAC through all the modes and temperatures manually. I did that with no changes. I also read to pull the IP fuse for 60 seconds, but didn't try that yet because it was for a different year and model. I pulled the code and come up with a B0429, which from what I understand is the auxiliary temperature door. I am thinking that is for the rear. Am I wrong about that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The wife is not happy about the constantly changing temperatures. Happy wife, happy home. Unhappy wife, unhappy home.
:)
I have seen some threads on here about similar issues, but it always talks about using a Tech2.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,736 Posts
Sometimes you can reset and sync the actuators by disconnecting the battery + and - cables and touching them together briefly.

I'm not familiar with the 2005 Deville HVAC system but .......

Maybe there's a problem with the cabin air temp sensor itself -
In your 2005 is there a small square grille in the dash panel either just right or just left of the steering column? If there's a small grille, behind that little grille there's a short tunnel that goes to the cabin air temp sensor, which may be a thermistor setup with a small computer "muffin fan" to constantly move air over the sensor array. That tunnel and the sensor itself tend to clog with dust bunnies - blow out the tunnel with computer "air" in a pressurized can. Over time the little muffin fan bearing dries up and the fan either gets very noisy or seizes altogether.

You'll need a 2005 Deville service manual set for info on how to get to that sensor for replacement if necessary. Also for the actuators and door assemblies. www.alldatadiy.com, the online GM service manuals by subscription.

B 0429 is the blend/mode door to the rear seat console ducting.

·
Registered
2005 Base Deville
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll try that. Do you think compressed air from my air compressor would be to much. It's 130 PSI at the high.

·
Registered
2005 Base Deville
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I am black balled on here or something. I got the one reply and it told me to do what I had already done, except for the cleaning of the tube going to the cabin air temp sensor. My best bet is to just forget about this forum. Thanks for all the help guys and girls. Bye

1 - 4 of 4 Posts