Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, I just thought that whatever the climate control is set to when the care is turned off, is what it will automatically resume to when you start the car.

The car doesn't seem to re-engage the previous climate control settings when using the auto-start function.

Is there something special I need to do?

What about the seat heaters, how do we get them to save to the climate control memory so that they also turn back on when using auto-start?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,096 Posts
It really helps if you give us the year and model of your car. FWIW, seat heaters come on with a remote start at a factory set temperature. Read your owner's manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it's a 2006 STS V8

I'll have to read the manual tomorrow. But I'm in northern Ohio and it gets coldddd here! So they should kick on with auto-start right now.

·
Registered
2007 STS4
20 Posts
In the navigation screen there is a setting to have them turn on when you do a remote start.

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
276 Posts
I don't understand the logic. I have my climate control set to come on with the remote start, sometimes the seat heaters come on, sometimes not. Almost always they will come on if the car sits overnite, if the outside temp is cold enough. Under 45 degrees? IDK. Usually the rest of the day they won't come on with the remote start. I wonder if it has something to do with the Intake Air Temp sensor reading about the same as the coolant temp sensor but IDK for sure.

·
Premium Member
29,096 Posts
Seat heaters are controlled on remote start by outside air temp. Read your owner's manual. The OAT sensor is near the hood latch. If the engine is still warm the seat heaters will probably not activate.

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
276 Posts
I don't see anything regarding ambient air temperature

·
Premium Member
29,096 Posts
I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. The seat heaters come on when it is cold and they don't when it is warm if selected in personalizations and the breakpoint is about 40-45F. I guarantee they will come on at -40F. I have seen this written up somewhere in Cadillac literature. Maybe the service manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts