Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville Base, 1999 Deville D'Elegance
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the procedure to calibrate the climate control for a 1998 Cadillac Deville? I've searched but have not been able to find any information on this. The issue I am experiencing is that when I set the climate control to 65 degrees, it maintains the interior temp at around 69-70 degrees. In other vehicles I've worked on in the past I remember I was able to adjust an offset value for the temperature sensor. Thanks in advance for help/insights!

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,564 Posts
I am not sure if you can change that offset value on the OBDII cars. If you can, the procedure will be in the FSM.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,078 Posts
................and have you verified that the cabin air temperature sensor is functioning correctly ?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,564 Posts
OK, I remember reading about this "offset", but cannot find it in the '03 FSM, so maybe it is only OBDI. There is a way to manually recalibrate the actuators. One of which is the air mix door. With the ignition off, pull the instrument panel control module fuse for AT LEAST 60 seconds.

·
Registered
1998 Deville Base, 1999 Deville D'Elegance
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ranger/Submariner -

Thanks very much for the responses. I'll try the "pull the fuse" trick and see if it works. I haven't confirmed that the sensor is giving a reading yet. I do have an Actron scan tool (haven't hooked it up yet) but I don't have a TEC II so not sure if I will be able to see the value of that sensor. I just sent an e-mail to blownc5 to see if I can get the Helms FSM on CD which should help me diagnose these kinds of issues . . .

Regards,

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts