Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 DeVille Concours
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 97 concours recently started having a loud, fast, clicking noise coming from the power steering pump...

it only does it when the car is at a stand still or when I turn the wheel all the way,

any clues.... I assume I will have to R&R the pump... the fluid level is fine, no bubbles, and does not look or smell burned.

In the last 6 months I have replaced the radiator, full tune up, starter, battery, and alternator, brakes....Im getting to the point of getting something diffrent (japenese maybe) this car is lucky i love her so much!!!!
thanks!!

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
It sounds like it may just be the bearing for the pulley. Of course, if it fails, the pulley will seize and melt the belt. Take it to a trusted mechanic, he may be able to just rebuild the pump or change out just the pulley and bearing. Don't hear about to many pump failures on here.

All the stuff you've replaced is pretty typical for a 10 year old car, just more expensive since its a caddy. And just so you know, it never ends, until the headgasket blows. Most of my family has camry's, never have had an issue with any of them 02,03,99,97, all great cars just terribly BORING. When I sold the deville I picked up a 94 bronco, 153,000 miles, runs perfect, and I can fix everthing myself, and the parts are dirt cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts