Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now getting a clicking sound that comes from the gauge cluster area. It's not constantly ticking. I've noticed it's started doing it ever since the rpm dial screwed up. I've had that one screw up before but it never made sounds except sometimes when I turned the truck off.

Anyone got suggestions?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
ESCALADE200224 said:
I'm now getting a clicking sound that comes from the gauge cluster area. It's not constantly ticking. I've noticed it's started doing it ever since the rpm dial screwed up. I've had that one screw up before but it never made sounds except sometimes when I turned the truck off.

Anyone got suggestions?
Could be a stepper motor

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to order a different cluster. This cluster has been giving me sh!t ever since I bought the truck.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
ESCALADE200224 said:
IMO it looks like a racer type face then the one I'm getting now. Which is the standard Cadillac one.

Even the chevy or gmc one I like better than the old one

This is my new one:

http://img341.imageshack.us/i/imageijb.jpg/
That's like mine which I ain't much for as the one you have now looks like the one for 02 which I like better with the exception of the hummer h2 white faced cluster

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's like mine which I ain't much for as the one you have now looks like the one for 02 which I like better with the exception of the hummer h2 white faced cluster
Yea I had a 02 and agree it kinda reminds me of it, but some things do bug me like the fuel gauge and the gauges overall I think are more readable on the new one.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
ESCALADE200224 said:
Yea I had a 02 and agree it kinda reminds me of it, but some things do bug me like the fuel gauge and the gauges overall I think are more readable on the new one.
True I like the gauges of the 02(which is styled more for a Cadillac but the readability could be a bit better I prefer the white faced gauges that the earlier hummer h2s had but they too was changed to black

1 - 11 of 11 Posts