Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Click but engine will not turn over . Then it locks the doors and key will not come out

803 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  CharlesG 
#1 ·
Is this the anto theft system kicking in ?? I have tried to do the relean procedure and on results . I can jump car off by jumping to purple wire then everything workes great for a few min ???????
Comments please

#2 ·
Is this the anto theft system kicking in ?? I have tried to do the relean procedure and on results . I can jump car off by jumping to purple wire then everything workes great for a few min ???????
Comments please
I have an 06 CTS and having same problem, only it won't run for more than a few seconds when I jump the purple.

Long story. I was replacing cats and on the driver side my ratchet touched the starter wire and sparked a split second. The car sat for a few weeks waiting for a replacement cat because I got a defective one. THEN when I got it all back together I tried to start it to check for any exhaust leaks. I turned the key and the doors locked, the dash turned into a christmas tree, security light stayed ON, fuel and temp guage not working and key stuck in ignition. FUN !!
I got out my scan tool just to see if there were codes and there were, but I didn't have paper and pen handy so I didn't write them down, thinking I would grab them later.
I tried the fuse-pull relearn tactic for ECM and Anti-Theft modules and now the security light goes out, but key still gets stuck, guages still not working, no crank-no start same as before. Got scan tool to finally write down those codes and NOW, No Communication so I can't get them at all. I am really beginning to HATE computerized cars. thinking about selling off ALL Five of my newer cars and getting into something OLD and EASY LOL.
I think my ECM is fried, OR, there might be a relay that is bad that goes to it, or a bad fuse somewhere. Once I discover there are no bad fuses or relay, I will likely head off to the boneyard to find an ECM or possible price a plug-N-Play unit at fs1inc.com

The thing I found MOST annoting was trying to do the relearn won't work now because the security light doesn't stay on NOW !! Really sucks.

ANY feedback on this issue would be great because I am just lost here and my car has been stuck in the carport on jackstands for almost Two Months Now.

#3 ·
I had a local auto lock smith cut me a spare key and he used his computer to make sure the on board computrt reconized the key , both keys worked ...
I bought this car with a blown engine and put another 3.6 in it , getting the bugs out of it .I am going to ytake my car back to the locksmith and have him reboot the keys with his machine . I had battery voltage drop and lost key info . I think! I will let you know what happens with the key deal .......I had thought I had a battery drain down but unhooked positive lead and from battery and measured amperage , less than .01 amp or less that 100 milli amps scavenger draw ..
Lets stay in touch
I am taking Cadillac to get keys redone tomorrow .... if nothing happens in the mean time
Mine runs and purrs like a kitten when I jump it !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.