Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to say that if a battery is disconnected for 3 months that when a battery is reconnected that any "history" codes that were in the car would have been lost from memory?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
It should surely not be able to retain any code memory for that long.

You will get some DTCs for memory reset. Like P0603 for example, but that should be all you see.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent. I had the engine rebuilt in my car and they are saying there were codes in memory... the thing is, the car didn't have the engine nor battery in for 4 months during their LONG rebuild. I assume that any codes in there now are from only after they have reconnected the batt and put the engine together....

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Make a note of the codes if you still have them, clear the codes, then drive around for a while and then recheck the codes. It is possibles they are from loose connectors.

Before I rebuilt my trans, I didn't have any codes (rebuilt because of a spun bushing allowing fluid to leak out the side). After the trans went back in, there were all kinds of codes. The battery was disconnected during the work. I went around and tested the fastness of every sensor I could put my hands on. That was the it, the codes went away to never return.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for answering his question for me. Just trying to make sure I don't get blamed for the things they didn't get right putting my beauty back together.

Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts