Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set from the dealer only to find out they have been discontinued? I was able to fine a set for $300.00 but are they really not being made anymore. Dealer said they were prone to cracking?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I've had mine over a year and they're fine. I suspect it's more along the lines of cost reduction in parts that are low volume sales.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
504 Posts
I ordered a set from the dealer only to find out they have been discontinued? I was able to fine a set for $300.00 but are they really not being made anymore. Dealer said they were prone to cracking?
Agreed with CIWS on the sales - and yes; the first set I recieved one of them was cracked and I a difficult time getting the second set but finally did.

I have a one clear lamp for the drivers side thats brand new in the box; If I find a mate for it to make a set I will let you know.

·
Registered
2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V
133 Posts
Cracking during shipping for sure.
I had to order 4 times to get 1 set that was in good condition.:eek:
Now my concern is the durability on the car.
I also added the smoked 3rd brake light, Sure is a great looking change.:cool2:

·
Registered
2008 Thunder Gray STS-V; 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon
36 Posts
Cracking during shipping for sure.
I had to order 4 times to get 1 set that was in good condition.:eek:
Now my concern is the durability on the car.
I also added the smoked 3rd brake light, Sure is a great looking change.:cool2:
What color is your V? Can you post of a couple of pictures showing the new lights? Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the pic. Those clear tails really dress up the rear. Why did you not do the 3rd brake light? Does it not look as good?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I received a set today and they were not cracked thank god. When i get my new motor put in I will install them on my STS-V

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Thanks for the pic. Those clear tails really dress up the rear. Why did you not do the 3rd brake light? Does it not look as good?
Any of it's really a matter of personal taste. For me I liked the way the red 3rd brake worked with the small bit of red in the clear tails on the black car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pics guys!! I am really happy I decided to buy them even though they cost $300.00!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. It really helps to see the finished product. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have a walkthru for changing the rear lights? Looks like i can get to my cars tails that easily?

·
Registered
05 Cadillac STS V6
546 Posts
Thanks I received a set today and they were not cracked thank god. When i get my new motor put in I will install them on my STS-V

New motor???????

Anyone got a picture of them on a red car? The pics are great! I will definatly be picking up all 3 rear lamps.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ouch, problem with motor or something all the V guys should be watching for?
No the oil pump failed and took out the engine is all. I doubt its a common problem but there was a STS-V at the dealer getting new timing chains on his V due to them stretching?

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts