Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw this guy driving around today in his caddy and his taillights were clear all the way around except for the center, are these stock on some year??

·
Registered
'94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD, F250
768 Posts
Clear tail lights all around ??? on '90 and up FWB?

Ok, what the heck are you talking about? This is news to me.

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elgance
204 Posts
scurling said:
Clear tail lights all around ??? on '90 and up FWB?

Ok, what the heck are you talking about? This is news to me.

Read what he typed before you comment and you will see that he said clear on the outer part of the tail light and red in the middle. Thats how Broughams came from 1990 to 1992.

·
Registered
'94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD, F250
768 Posts
A proof reader I ain't. It's the 90s and up that was working on my mind.

Thanks for setting me straight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put in a set of very rare export tail lights on my car,they are amber on the top half and red on the bottom...of course they are illegal in the states...

·
Registered
04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB
1,044 Posts
They should fit a 81 RWD Cadillac

I have em on my 90 Brougham

Im looking to get another 90 as a parts car. would you be intresed in tail lights? Though i dont know their value.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Am I the only one that prefers the red tail lights on these cars? Seriously, the only reason I passed up on so many 90-92 Broughams was because of the lights both back and front. Not a fan of either side. The only thing I like better is the FI 5.7 and the digital speedo. That's it, I don't even like the plastic side molding.

·
Registered
2009 CTS White Diamond base, 1992 Brougham White/White 5.7
643 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
Am I the only one that prefers the red tail lights on these cars? Seriously, the only reason I passed up on so many 90-92 Broughams was because of the lights both back and front. Not a fan of either side. The only thing I like better is the FI 5.7 and the digital speedo. That's it, I don't even like the plastic side molding.
I'm with you on all these points except the digital speedo. The white edged rear lights are great for identifying the 90-92, but I otherwise much prefer the full reds in the rear and the 4 lights in front over the single halogen any day of the week and twice on Sunday! I imagine the front would be a bitch to convert. As for the trim, I don't like that it continues onto the bumper.

Any info on light swapping, front and back, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
I've seen people swap 90's fronts and rears with 80's cars with little to no trouble, I don't see why it cant be reversed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ive done it...its not a big problem but theres 2 ways of doing it... if u have the 90-92 car then just swap everything off it...fenders,hood,header panel,bumper,bumper supports(very important or the bumper will sag) .. its basiclly a replacement..unbolt and bolt on... the lights are tricky because u have 2 lights for each side and 90-92 only have 1 bulb... i cut them and spliced them into the 90 bulb.....for the rear its simplier same thing basiclly..bolts

thats the easy way

the harder less expensive way though is because they share alot of the same parts all u "really" need are fender skins,chrome bumper ends(front) bumper moldings,header panel,bumper supports

rear:
bumper moldings and clear taillights(u have 2 trim some of your 80s inside the lite opening so the new 90 lite will fit)

those are the 2 ways easy but big parts or more work less parts basiclly.. i went with big parts and easy because i didnt want to mess with cuttin anything and it was faster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts