Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took pictures of my STS-V before I did the swap from the stock red taillights and red 3rd brake light to the clear LED taillights and clear LED 3rd brake light.

I think it really blends in well with the Light Platinum paint and I love the look.

What do you guys think?

SG

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
Re: Clear LED Taillights & Clear LED 3rd Brake Light Installed...Before/After Pics...

Aero,

Thanks for posting that as I was wondering what it would look like on Platinum. It looks good. I thought they were going to come up with a way to paint the third light the same as the body color so there would be no black. What happened?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Clear LED Taillights & Clear LED 3rd Brake Light Installed...Before/After Pics...

Aero,

Thanks for posting that as I was wondering what it would look like on Platinum. It looks good. I thought they were going to come up with a way to paint the third light the same as the body color so there would be no black. What happened?
There is no way to paint the 3rd brake light. When I looked closely at it, it just seemed way too difficult to paint a fragile piece like this. After I saw the 3rd brake light in person, I knew it couldn't be painted.

I think it looks better in black because it contrasts well with the clear taillights. It looks 100 times better in person!

SG

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts

It appears that it would have been difficult to paint it. I think it looks good with the tails because of the black there too. How does it look when you step on the brake? Can you take a pic with a cinderblock on the pedal?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

It appears that it would have been difficult to paint it. I think it looks good with the tails because of the black there too. How does it look when you step on the brake? Can you take a pic with a cinderblock on the pedal?
It looks great when you brake because all the LED's match in color and have the same look. The best part of the taillights are the amber LEDs when you signal. Also inside the taillight located on the outer edge, there are several LEDs which are mixed in color between red and amber and at night, it looks awesome when you signal! One set of the LEDs are on at all times dim at night in red and the other set come on when you signal a bright amber. It may be hard to explain.

I am happy with the change because it makes my STS-V standout from the crowd out here in L.A. and I doubt many have this combo yet. Yesterday, after I installed them I drove home and it seemed like people were trying to figure out either what kind of car I was driving or trying to look closely at the taillights to see if the car was a different special edition STS-V. Who knows, but the attention is nice, especially in L.A. where nobody cares what you drive unless you have a Ferrari, Lambo, etc.

I can have my wife step on the brake for me so I can take pictures of the taillights in action including the signal function so you can see how much nicer they are than the stock red taillights. I will post those hopefully later on today.

SG

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

As promised, here are pictures of the clear LED taillights and clear LED 3rd brake light in action. The angles and shutter speed of the camera may not show the full brightness of the LEDs, but I can tell you that in person, all the LEDs are very bright. Hope this gives you an idea of how it looks.

Hope you like them as much as I do!

ENJOY!

SG

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts

Thanks! They look really good. I need to seriously consider this!!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks! They look really good. I need to seriously consider this!!
It does look really good! If you are going to do it, let me know before you do.

SG

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
376 Posts

looks real good!!! where did you order them from?

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts

Hello,
Actually we have the LED Tail Lamps in stock and ready to ship. Let us know if you need any assistance.

looks real good!!! where did you order them from?
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

·
Registered
Cadillac cts, cadillac deville dts
201 Posts

i love those lights, i with they made them for the cts. looks great

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts

Not to step on D3's toes but they sell the lights for way too much. If you go to your regular caddy dealership and buy them there, the cost at retail is $285 for the taillight set, and $138 for the brake light!

D3 wants $675 or $650 for the pair of taillights, and $230 or more for the third brake light. Sorry but when your price is twice as much as the suggested retail of the dealership, something aint right in Happy Town!

These are in the STS standard Accessories catalog. No distinction from V series or regular car!

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
376 Posts

can someone give me the part number of these lights? thanks!

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts

Tail Lamp Package
Part Number: 17802271

Stop Lamp
Part Number: 17802272

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
317 Posts

I did the 3rd brake light on my black V, and really like how it "dissappeared" . . .

Not 100% sold on the "euro" tail lights, but the red and amber LEDS are really cool.

I do like how the clear lights blend so nicely with the platinum.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts

I did the 3rd brake light on my black V, and really like how it "dissappeared" . . .

Not 100% sold on the "euro" tail lights, but the red and amber LEDS are really cool.

I do like how the clear lights blend so nicely with the platinum.
Which just reinforces the fact it's all up to individual taste in the mind of the owner. I did just the opposite. GM Authorized Clear Tail lights and left the 3rd brake light stock. I prefer the way it looks on the car and the red in the tails compliment the 3rd brake light. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts