Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new here and just bought an 02 Escalade, and I've seen newer models without the orange corner in the headlamp and was wondering where to purchase the clear one or what other options were out there?

Here's mine.

But I want these

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT
521 Posts
most people clear it themselves... open up the headlights and take out the orange lens. I'm personally too scared to do it myself. But if u got the balls then do it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the search came up with the instructions, but I'm not the guy to attempt that. I need someone else to do it .
I want to see what it looks like on white as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did it myself and want to stress how easy it was as long as you use a heat gun (being careful not to melt the housing), clean as much of the old silicone out as possible and use a silicone gun to apply the new hi-temp seal. Go for it!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Bots12 said:
I did it myself and want to stress how easy it was as long as you use a heat gun (being careful not to melt the housing), clean as much of the old silicone out as possible and use a silicone gun to apply the new hi-temp seal. Go for it!
an oven works too. ~200 degrees softened the goo up for my Silverado headlights and turn signals.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Synergetic said:
Thats my buddies truck from up the street. Those headlights aren't clear anymore... there smoked dark. Same with the taillights; smoked. Its a clean truck though, for sure. :)
Where are you guys from?
If anywhere in Northern Cali hook it up!

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Synergetic said:
Thats my buddies truck from up the street. Those headlights aren't clear anymore... there smoked dark. Same with the taillights; smoked. Its a clean truck though, for sure. :)
Can you get him post some pics of his truck, sounds sweet.

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
slk230mb said:
Can you get him post some pics of his truck, sounds sweet.
Sure. I'll get some pics and post them. The truck is clean. Its sitting on 23" Lexanis. Its got no beat, but the brown finish inside is now black.

Sky High Ent. said:
Where are you guys from?
If anywhere in Northern Cali hook it up!
I know a lot of people that can do it. I'll try and find the best place and i'll also find out where he got it done at.

·
Registered
Escalade
1,584 Posts
Synergetic said:
Sure. I'll get some pics and post them. The truck is clean. Its sitting on 23" Lexanis. Its got no beat, but the brown finish inside is now black.

I know a lot of people that can do it. I'll try and find the best place and i'll also find out where he got it done at.
Synergetic isnt this your buddys ride......

www.cardomain.com/ride/613771

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Synergetic said:
Yup, thats it. But its got a totally different look and style to it now.

I also see that you're in Sacramento SkyHighEnt. Where in Sacramento are you?
Elk Grove. No anywhere I can get this done? Or someone that'll do it for me?

thanks

·
Registered
'05 Escalade EXT
216 Posts
jrs02caddyext said:
I dont think they make clear corners for our Escalades. I did it myself and was not to bad at all. Heres a picture.
Could you email me a pic of your grill? I'm planning on painting mine except got the chrome edges around it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts