Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
04' Deville DTS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of this cars lights:

How did they do that... do they make aftermarket replacements, or do you think he opened up his stockers and took out the amber peice (then reglued) ... it almost looks like it was painted white?

If you know, please fill me in. Thanks :) ---

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
its funny that you say that, because it is not a photo shop job.
There is some where a little snippet of how to do it. I would like to do it but i am pretty sure you have to do a bit of hacking to the lenses. however the result is very nice!.
This looks like a Photoshop job, a bad one at that.

·
Registered
Seville SLS
24 Posts
ok i need to know how to do this...

on my previous car (b5 audi a4) you needed to drill into the back of the headlight lense and crack the yellow piece into piece and let them fall out of the hole, lol... believe it or not it actually worked very well and it was a free mod that made the car look way cleaner..

how do you do this? wheres the DIY link to this? I need to know, I'm picking up my DTS on Saturday and this will be the first thing i do...

i know I kinda brought this post back from the dead but I feel it didnt get the attention it deserves..

·
Registered
00 DTS lambo white, eibachs, 2011 CTS-V wheels
163 Posts
me and a friend of mine just took the headlight apart carefully and slowly, and it worked fine, if u want to be go the safe route just purchase some extra windshield or headlight silicone in the autopart store and re-apply some on once your done, it really isnt as hard as people think it is, and that photo photoshoped, what that owner did is pretty common now..

·
Registered
Seville SLS
24 Posts
so u can just take the headlight apart and take out the amber strip? im doin it for sure...

is this not a popular mod for devilles? it makes the car look way cleaner, and its free... i would imagine everyone would do this if it was so easy...

wheres the freakin DIY... i keep reading that there is a writeup somewhere and im looking for it, i cant find it!!!

we need to find the diy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts