Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not? It seems like Cadillac is trying very hard to Europeanize its new models even down to the names why not go all the way.

·
Registered
150 Posts
THE EXECUTIVE said:
Why not? It seems like Cadillac is trying very hard to Europeanize its new models even down to the names why not go all the way.
I think it would be more ricer than "European." Sometimes it's cool not to copy. Cadillac has always been a leader - or at least an inovator.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I agree....... It seems about every car is getting the clear corners..... I do like the clear headlights better than the other kind, but anything else im not fond of......

·
Registered
655 Posts
Particularly when you're talking about Godawful chrome-behind-clear crap like the Lexus IS/Altezza.

The car's okay, but those lights look so cheap...and yet there's people who want to emulate that.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Looks cheesey.....Good reason not to have it on a Cadillac.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree....... It seems about every car is getting the clear corners..... I do like the clear headlights better than the other kind, but anything else im not fond of......

:grouphug:

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
shaggygrosser said:
Not to make myself sound too ignorant,

but what are "clear corners"?
Sorry again. :(

Europe and Japan do not require amber reflectors, as does the US. So the front corner lamp can be clear with an amber bulb, instead if amber with a clear bulb.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Chuck C said:
Are you guys crazy?! or just secretly riceboys ...I'm ashamed that you even know the term (I thought it meant making the rear pillars clear cuz it's a big blind spot!!). :mad: :banghead:
Since the trend started with Beemers and VW's and migrated to the ricers, knowing about this isn't as bad as not knowing about it. ;)

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
JEM said:
Particularly when you're talking about Godawful chrome-behind-clear crap like the Lexus IS/Altezza.

The car's okay, but those lights look so cheap...and yet there's people who want to emulate that.
The tail lights is one of the major things that makes the new Altima so dated looking already.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think some of you might be confusing clear corners with the clear tail-lights.

I hope this is what Executive had in mind (see attachement).

The CTS pics at the European and Japanese Cadillac sites still have the amber reflectors so you'll have to look at the aftermarket.

Good Luck :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts