Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the clear chromed headlights installed from eBay? I'm really considering buying them, but I want to know what they look like installed. If anybody has some pics of them installed, I'd appreciate a post!

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Check out the STS. The STS looks almost identical to the CTS from the front, with 1 major difference being the chrome headlights. I dont know why Cadillac ever thought grey plastic looked nice.

·
Registered
Cadillac
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I actually did look at the STS in trying to get an idea of what they might look like. Just trying to get some actual pics of those exact headlights installed. I've been bothered by the gray forever, I hate that they chose that material, so them finally releasing chrome headlights was a DREAM come true.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS and 2010 CTS-V
35 Posts
If you're like me, you're gonna want to see some night pics so here you go. I tried to get the best possible angle on these shots because the light emitting from my hids blinded my camera.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS and 2010 CTS-V
35 Posts
Bulb sizes are the same.9005 for high beams and 9006 for low beams. I was able to reuse the hid kits I had in the stock housing. Now if they only sold the clear fogs, id get them in a heartbeat. I know I can make them clear,though.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Very nice. I'm thinking about getting a pair of these, once I focus on getting another raise. LOL

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
I bet those are not offered for cars equipped with factory HID's, correct?

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
What would you need to replace to get those to work on a HID equipped car? ITs just a wiring issue right, since the the HIDs are wired for D1S? Forgetting about the washer for second....

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
You'd have to figure out something with the wiper spray from the headlight. Otherwise, I don't think its much else. You'd have to disconnect the washer lines.

·
Registered
2003 3.2L CTS Luxury Sport Package
21 Posts
So if I have the stock hids w/ washer what would I need to do to instal these headlights? Isn't as easy as just plug n play? And if I did down grade to these non-washer headlights, how much would I be able to roughly resell my used washer equipped headlights if they're in decent condition?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
12 Posts
Can you post a couple of pics of the output and cutoff of the projector. I am afraid to get them because they say that the depo projectors that are in the healight assembly sucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts