Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the linen interior with the maple simulated wood trim. I am maybe a bit oc when it comes to cleaning. I am wondering if anyone has used Pledge Wipes on this trim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use Chemical Guys total interior cleaner & protectant. Spray it on a microfiber towel, make a couple passes, and buff off excess with clean microfiber. Makes it glossy and looks deep. Plus keeps it protected.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
190 Posts
If you would like to restores the plastic's appearance use a very light polish and then buff lightly with a microfiber towel. I used a motorcycle face shield plastic polish/restorer and it got all that fake wood plastic shining as if it was new. You want to find the most least abrasive polish you can and then only use MF towels.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Platinum. gone: 04 Deville, 76 Eldo conv, 74 Fltwd
341 Posts
High gloss wood has gone out of fashion. Open pore wood is the thing, but I suspect it holds and shows dirt. I don't know if anyone uses a semi-gloss finish, but that's what I like in furniture.

·
Registered
2006 DTS 1SD
65 Posts
My passenger side wood trim - right along the top of the glove box - has few cracks in the varnish (or plastic, whatever it is) from when I removed it to fit an aftermarket radio. I was also thinking to maybe polish it down and recoat it... but other than that, it keeps clean well enough with a damp cloth.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
190 Posts
I'm not familiar with the various models and trims and whether they have real wood or not. But it should be quite easy to determine if it's plastic or wood. If it's plastic I would not be putting any sandpaper to it. As I stated earlier... a very fine plastic polish will remove all the spiderwebbing and other fine scratches and make it look like new. I actually get compliments on how shiny and new mine looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts