Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im assuming the dashboard and doors are real leather. Ive just upgraded to my cts from a 05 300c which is very cheap and purely plastic on the insides. Should i use leather cleaner/conditioner on the dash and doors like i would to my seats? I have no idea what to clean it with and i dont want to ruin the beautiful interior these cars have. Thanks

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
Your owner's manual will have specific cleaning directions. I use Murphy's Oil Soap on the interior of my cars.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
Hi bnote,

Dashboard and door panels are pure vinyl, no leather. Even the "leather seating surfaces" are vinyl-coated, so there's no need to use leather conditioners or preservatives on any interior surface. Owner's manual simply recommends water, or soapy water as needed, and a soft cloth.

Lots of threads on this forum recommend various products. Every six months I apply "303 Aerospace Protectant" to seats, dash, console, door panels and "Scotch-Gard Carpet Protector" to Lloyd Ultimat custom floor mats.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
928S beat me to the 303 recommendation! :) Good stuff. No residue.

Do not use the greasy kid stuff, AKA Armorall.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,328 Posts
For touchups, between cleaning, they make a mini-California Duster (for interiors); does a great job for getting rid of that light dust.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4
394 Posts

I made the mistake of using the Amorall protector wipes on the dash board of my car a few years ago before going on spring break. My giant AAA road atlas spent more time on the dashboard covering up the horrible glare than actually being used for navigation. Never again.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
Swiffer makes an auto version for removing dust - I can do my entire interior in about 60 seconds. Next, Meguiar's makes a great product called Quick Interior Detailer that cleans without leaving a shine leaving surfaces looking new. It works on nav displays, interior chrome, wood, etc without streaking. If I need to remove stains, a capful of Woolite detergent in a spray bottle is perfect for cleaning things up. For glass, spray your favorite window cleaner on a damp (well wrung out) terrycloth towel, go over the glass, and then dry using a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
I use Aerospace 303 Vinyl Cleaner and Aerospace 303 Protectant on the dash, doors, kick panels, door sills, etc.; I use Plexus Plastic Cleaner on the console, gauge cluster, Nav screen, window tint, etc.; and I use Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 on the leather for regular cleaning and Leatherique treatment once a year. Microfiber towels/cloths with all. To clean the vents and remove dust, I use Pledge All Purpose and Swifter 360, detail brush, and Q-tips.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
303. Then every 6 months, or so, I'll use a good leather/vinyl cleaner on the seats, they do get pretty dirty and it shows on the towel.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS, Black Ice
29 Posts
I use a Woolite/water mix (1 part woolite to 8 parts water) to clean the interior of my car. Every so often, I'll use leather conditioner for my seats.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 3.6 DI Premium Sedan Crystal Red
13 Posts
928S beat me to the 303 recommendation! :) Good stuff. No residue.

303 Good stuff!
If you want your interior SMELL like leather try Surf City Garage, VOODOO, leather rejuveator. It is the only thing I have found that smells like leather...

I think I found it at PEP BOYS..............

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition
234 Posts
Never heard of that, but I'll keep an eye out for it. (We don't have a Pep Boys chain here in St. Louis though, for some odd reason.)
I've always used Lexol leather care, as it came highly recommended by a number of people. It definitely doesn't give off a leather smell though.

303 Good stuff!
If you want your interior SMELL like leather try Surf City Garage, VOODOO, leather rejuveator. It is the only thing I have found that smells like leather...

I think I found it at PEP BOYS..............

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,557 Posts
I'm a fan of Griot's. I use their product called Leather Care. Works well and smells good. I am also a fan of Murphy's Oil Soap as well. Griot's also has a product for the dash with no shine/glare.

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4
121 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. It can be used on all surfaces of the interior including the Nav screen. Plus it smells good.

·
Registered
13' CTS V Coupe / KN CAI / Eiback ProKit / 20" wheels + Nitto Tires
147 Posts
Mmm what abouth on the cloth... I have the white diamomd w/ white interior and I have to be on top of it.

·
Registered
2016 AWD 2.0T LUXE, 2016 C7 TBDE vert, 2012 911S Cab., 2003 Avey Z66
692 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. It can be used on all surfaces of the interior including the Nav screen. Plus it smells good.
I agree with the Meg's. I like to use Woolite 1/10 for a general interior cleaning once a year or so. Just be sure to rinse it good with a damp towel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts