Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, In the manual it says clean leather with mild dish soap is it ok to do that? vs zaino leather cleaner? also on the front dash board is it rubber or leather and the console is vinyl right? thanks, Happy New Year.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts
Me personally, depending on the leather I prefer something PH balanced and deigned for cleaning leather. I find anything else to be harsh and strip the leather of its natural oils. That being said, I don't use anything on my Escalade since its a Platinum Edition and the leather is raw and unsealed. If it was to become soiled, which is unlikely, warm water would be used. It depends on the actual type of leather you're cleaning.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
I just use a damp cloth once and a while and ever so often a conditioner....

Holland, funny you say that as I LOVED the platinum interior and the soft feel, but I then looked back and saw our baby, our dog, and 'ahem'...... a dirty wife..... so no platinum for me!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Hi, In the manual it says clean leather with mild dish soap is it ok to do that? vs zaino leather cleaner? also on the front dash board is it rubber or leather and the console is vinyl right? thanks, Happy New Year.
Zaino Z-9 Leather Cleaner and Z-10 Leather Conditioner are fine to use, have used them in all my Caddy's since 98', safe to use on the vinyl to, ask me how I know. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,456 Posts
You use/have used product on the Platinum interior!?!?!?!?!?!? It didn't harm it??

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You use/have used product on the Platinum interior!?!?!?!?!?!? It didn't harm it??
Since day one I use Z-10 on the seats for conditioner and Z-9 for my cleaner, I don't like anything with gloss on my dash, it just causes more reflections, so I just wipe the dash with a damp microfiber towel, I use 303 cleaner and protectant on the lower doors and other plastic

·
Super Moderator
6,456 Posts
Thank you for the info!! I've been afraid to use product on the leather of my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts