Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm checking out a car to buy. It's a Seville with a tan carriage top. It looks like it's in good condition, but it's dirty, not spotty or stained, just kinda the whole thing.

How would one go about really cleaning a tan roof like that without damaging anything? I was thinking like a horse brush and soap or something?

Thanks,

ezt

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Ive seen some products and stuff online and at stores, its convertible top cleaner

I ordered some 303 convertible top cleaner to try and use on our '93 Fleetwood's white vinyl roof. It was pretty grayish and a little black in places (all mildew and dirt), but after one or two applications of the cleaner, it didn't seem to do much. I was probably a little impatient and didn't let it sit as long as it should or scrubbed hard enough, but then again, we just used bleach and a scrub brush and it worked amazingly.

But, bleach is only for WHITE vinyl roofs, and I would not recommend it for any other shade. I'd try scrubbing it with a very stiff brush and using some quality vinyl or convertible top cleaner at the same time.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I would just try getting some hot soapy water and scrubbing away.... it doesnt sound like anything too bad, so try that!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts