Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Lux, 2017 MB C300 Coupe
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not strictly an ATS question, but curious. When I got my ATS (3/13) I thought it had one of the classiest dashes I'd ever seen. It was very modern looking while being very uncluttered. Just wasn't used to seeing such a cool dash. However, I have noticed that many other cars (other than GM) also have a similar looking dash...and I do mean very similar in the sense that their dashes have the same general upward sweep from the console. So I ask: How come so much similarity between the dashes of different manufacturers?

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
848 Posts
It's no secret that all the manufacturers design their cars to public tastes and preferences. Focus groups tell the car company marketing people what they like and don't like. A lot also depends on the available technology and ergonomic studies.

Of course, there's always the "trends" in design.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Slim, sleek, glossy, technical is what is in. As long as they follow the smartphone design trend you will always stay relevant and continue to look modern. CUE looks great and all, but just like all technology it gets obsolete quickly, maybe not as quick as PC/phones/tablets internals, but it will especially if others continue to improve.

One thing they can do to improve and this is probably good for safety. NFC device pairing, instead of having your device and CUE find each other, touch the phone to a NFC location and it auto pairs. More eyes on road, less possibility of an accident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts