Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS AWD V8
16 Posts
I have been searching the forum and online and cannot find the procedure to replace the CranKshaft Position sensors for my 2008 sts awd v8. I found the steps for the 00-04 sts but not for the newer sts.

I purchased one crankshaft position sensor but after some reading, it looks like I need two of these? Is that so? Also, are they both identical or do I need two different ckp sensors?

Any help with reguard to the procedure and or sensor questions will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
165 Posts
I don't know if anything changed after 07, but my 05 service manual shows only one crankshaft position sensor. (there is another sensor behind it which is the knock sensor.) It requires removing the intake manifold and fuel rail which is the hard part. the manual just says to lube the o-ring with engine oil, and the torque spec for the bolt is 10 N-m (89 lb-in)

replacing it also requires running a learn procedure with the GM scan tool. what DTC are you getting? maybe it just needs the learn procedure run.

·
Registered
06 STS - 1SG AWD V8 and 94 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
40 Posts
there are 4 sensors, one for each of the 4 camshafts.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
there are 4 sensors, one for each of the 4 camshafts.
Except this is a thread about the Crankshaft (only one of these in the engine) vs the camshafts of which there are 4 in this DOHC configuration.
One might think there might be a sensor on each end of the crankshaft or placed 180* from each other in the same area (if there are 2 crankshaft sensors).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts